Pain from epididymitis is not going away

Posted , 16 users are following.

This is a second thread, since the first one's title is now a bit misleading.

To sum up, I freaked out about pain in my left testicle, left leg and left abdominal area. Ultrasound and urine test came clean. The urologist touched my left epididymis and it was hella painful, and told me it was obviously an epididymitis. He gave me Cipro 500mg x2 a day for 2 weeks.

I felt better at first. The pain turned into discomfort. 2 weeks later and it seemed that the pain came back nearly as strong... Doc told me to take Cipro for one more week. Treatment ends today and I'm going back to the urologist tomorrow, but I'm worried because 3 weeks of antibiotics just didn't make me feel better. Any contact with my balls makes them painful all over again.

Was the diagnosis wrong? Or do I just need more/another antibiotic? I don't want this to become long-term....

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Edited

The urologist told me everything looks okay, then gave me anti-inflamatories (Piroxicam 20mg) for 14 days. It's been 3 days and there's no difference... There's also kind of swelling? My testicle feels tight and "higher". Maybe I'm impatient but testicle pain makes life hell.

• Edited

hey, i have the exact same problems but i did 3X urine tests and blood and sperm tests. everything came back negative. nevertheless the doc gave me antibiotics twice (once for 10 days the same like yours snd once for 5 days another one). they didn't really seem to work out. he concluded that it's probably a berve pain and we will do this cord block with lidocaine to check if it's indeed nerve pain. i also don't know what to do. welcome to the club of the testicular pain.

• Edited

I did tests too! And an ultrasound! Nothing looked out of place.

I've thought about the nerve block thing because sometimes it's just too much. But the doctor is convinced it's epididymitis and that I should wait... Now I have swelling. It's so weird man.

Yeah, this club is NOT fun...

• Edited

it's the worst club. keep me updated on your situation I'll keep you on mine. im testing cord block on Tuesday.

• Posted

Good luck tomorrow!

Here, it's still painful mostly upon contact. Today was a little harder, I've been getting random pain here and there. The swelling is pretty much the same, I think. It looks less scary though, maybe I got used to it...

I called my urologist, he told me to stay on the same anti-inflamatories for another 8 days then go back for a check-up. At this rate I'm pretty sure I'll have to go back because I'm not getting better.

And I have 0 sex drive.

• Edited

Hi

Sorry to know that you are still suffering from pain. As I wrote before, there is a technic for using antibiotic. Only an experienced doctor can administer it. For example sometimes Cipro is being given as 500 XR ×2=1000mg at one time per day instead of regular cipro 500 mg twice a day. In this dosage you have to use cipro in extended period.

If you have completed all your antibiotic and looking to try something else before removing of epididymus or cutting the nerve then find a good homeopathic doctor in your city. In London I believe there is couple. The have a powerful antibiotic named mercures car/ sal. Only a doctor can decide its potency and usage.

• Posted

For now I'm still waiting until I finish taking my anti-inflamatories, I really don't want to have any kind of surgery any time soon. It seems to be getting slightly better, so I'm a little bit optimistic for now.

We don't have many experienced doctors around here, it's definitely not London.

• Posted

Update -

My swelling is going away after a week, I'm so glad. It's slow but it is.

The pain is still there... sometimes stronger than before, I'm not sure. Every time I touch it or moves too much, the pain comes back. That's not good if I want to function again tbh 😦

I also don't know if I should go back to my urologist after this. He seemed sure that I won't need anything after the NSAID...

• Posted

I'm supposed to be over with the treatment in two days, but maybe I'll go back and check with the doctor again.

The swelling is nearly gone, and the pain is less frequent. I guess it improved with the NSAID faster than with antibiotics? Idk, but I'm actually scared that the doctor will tell me I should be done with meds and then I'd go back to being in pain all over again.

• Posted

I'm supposed to take these capsules, Cyclo 3 Fort, for a month and it says it's composed of

Ruscus, dry extract titrated in sterol glycosides150 mg

Hesperidin methyl chalcone150 mg

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)100 mg

No idea what any of that means.

• Posted

That is the problem with antibiotics once we stop taking them, if the infection has not completely gone then the problems gets worse over time, and returns back to normal. I think you need stronger antibiotics.

• Posted

Hi,

what was your update from the urologist... my husband is having similar pain. he has taken antibiotics 3X, had a urine analysis, and ultrasound and still has pain. it sounds like your pain is worse than his but still discomfort

• Posted

Hi,

what was your update from the urologist... my husband is having similar pain. he has taken antibiotics 3X, had a urine analysis, and ultrasound and still has pain. it sounds like your pain is worse than his but still discomfort

• Posted

any updates?

having the same problem. negative urine tests and normal ultrasound but my right testicle definitely hurts/feels tender. doctor put md on antibiotics but scared it wont work

• Posted

Hi, thought I'd share my experience as i am definitely part of this club. I was diagnosed with epididymitis 2 years ago, first given a course of antibiotics and it didnt help too much and a few months later, i was diagnosed with chronic epididymitis.

Let me tell you, it's a b***h and the mild discomfort has never went away. Occasionally, say every 3/6 months I'll have a 'breakout' where it swells up again and ofcourse, blood, urine and ultrasounds all normal. I get prescribed nsaids and hopefully they last long enough to survive 'peak season' . 24 M and man has this made me want to rip out my nuts and live a peaceful life at least a couple of times. As i write this, its peak season and gonna have my visit to my urologist so he can prescribe nsaids to me and repeat this process all the way till death do us apart. Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.