Pain in buttock after knee replacement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had total knee replacement 9 weeks ago, about 3 weeks after i started having pain in lower back and buttock on operated side it has continued ever since have tried some deep massage abd even a couple of appointments of acupunture nothing has changed, has this happened with anyone else and have they found ways to ease this with out using opiods.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I periodically get sciatica pain ...running from my butt to back of knee. I find that stretching helps. I also get relief from standing on a stair on my toes and pushing the heel towards the ground.

• Posted

Hi Fraser My husband had a Partial knee replacement 7 months ago and developed pain in his buttock about six weeks after the operation which continued for about three months then just went away.He did go to a physiotherapist and followed his advise on stretching excercises His advise is for you to go to a good physiotherapist and dont get too despondent

Good luck

• Posted

I had all sorts of pains in leg, hip and buttock. It's all to do with the altered gait and the soft tissues having to adjust. I wouldn't bother with opioids personally, just try stretches and maybe heat, ice, a tens machine or a topical gel if the pain gets too bad. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.