Pain in left shoulder blade and under ribs

Posted , 3 users are following.

well it’s week 4 lots heat visit foR massage and still have a gnawing pain in left scapula and under ribs and radiates down upper arm, also sometimes most odd moves to other side my scapula does get knotted it I googled and lung cancer come up funnily enough had pain under rib and was cancer so I am hoping not o don’t smoke excercise and don’t drink but these pain most strange .

will see GP Monday but meanwhile driving my family up the wall with this pain any one else have x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Joanne, you are describing my everyday existence ... mine is on the right side but does radiate to the left side ... ironically, I’m a Lung Cancer survivor but my GP says they are not related. I just keep my mouth shut about the pain as my family and friends think i’m off my rocker ... Most of them have never heard of Costochondritis let alone know what it feels like ... my heart goes out to you cuz I know what you’re living with
  • Posted

Hi Joanne, it sounds like you have costochondritis, but I am not a doctor. Ask your physician about it so you can be properly diagnose. I also have costochondritis and I also have occasional palpitations. My sister died from lung cancer and she didn't have any symptoms at stage 3A she was diagnosed by accident for another case. She felt pain once it metastasized and it seems the pain is 10 x more! I am also seeing a chiropractor and acupuncturist. The chiropractor and stretching exercises help lessen the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.