pain in lumber area of back

Posted , 6 users are following.

After 5 months of lower back pain , 23 sessions of physio , 4 of osteopathy, reiki , acupuncture etc I decided to try bowen. I have only had one session and after that I felt as if my back was more straight. I thought it was working but after 2 days of some imlprovement I feel I have gone back to square one. My therapist is on holiday so I have to wait ovèr 2weeks for my second session.

I have done all the things advised but no more improvement, is this usual and should I continue ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it is recommended you try for three sessions and if it does not work then give up. I must admit it did not work for me, but I did not really hit it off with the therapist.
  • Posted

Hi azaria

It normally takes three sessions before you feel the benefit.

It is a pity that they did not book you for three one hour sessions for three consecutive weeks.

However do keep on as I had the same re-action, fine for a couple of days and then after the next session more days and on the third, knew it was going to work.  Eventually it got me out of my wheelchair.

Hope you rememebered to drink at least 1 litre of water each day - this is essential.

• Posted

Sometimes it will take a few sessions to sort  a problem properly - and your body got used to being in one position, it takes time to persuade it to get back to where it was!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.