Pain just under rib for months

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi! I have been having a constant pain in right upper quadrant just below rib. I have had this pain for now 3 months. Doc has had me do ultrasound of liver gallbladder which was negative, I have had an endoscopy done because he thought it might have been a duodenum ulcer but it was negative, I been treated with one personal 40 mg a day Nexium 40 mg a day but nothing seems to help. The pain is dull achy but sometimes can be sharp and it sometimes radiates to the back right under my shoulder blade. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy, all my blood tests are normal and the doctor is at loss, next step would be a CT scan with contrast of abdomen and pelvic area. I am starting to get very worried and honestly don't know what could be causing this constant pain. Gallbladder was normal and no stones were noted. Is anyone experiencing something similar, I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you have a hyda scan? Also you could have passed a stone from your gallery bladder.
  • Posted

Hey wondering if you found any resolution to your symptoms. i realise this post is old but your description of issues are identical to what i have been dealing with for over 1 year now.. I have been told i have IBS and Gilberts and that anxiety and stress are causing the pain (some reason i dont believe them)...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.