Pain on the left side

Posted , 10 users are following.

hello

i have a small hiatal hernia and im not sure if this is it maybe someone her can help me . i been experiencing pain on my left side of abdomen right below the ribs and radiates to the back. i also have GERD and acid reflux. im on nexium and i take carafe 10ml. i have been in the ER and they check my heart and is perfect and i crossed this and i need to see if other can relate.

thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also had same symptoms started in 1985 although Hernia wasn't diagnosed until 1992 military Doctors were useless. I was diagnosed same as you small Hernia left side. I suffered from sharp stabbing pains used to catch my breath couldn't bend over to work had all the tests for my heart all seemed OK for 7 years I wondered what was wrong the pain radiates usually via the bottom left rib around to the thoratic spine I still get it today not that often though. Do u sleep with your bed raised about six inches.at the.head end not just pillows the bed frame. I had another gastro camera done every 2 years now I have Gerd and the hernia is 2cm right at the bottom of the esophagus. hope tgis helps 34 years now

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain I was just like you about a year and a half ago I have the same exact hernia as you and I have tried every medication you can think of to help me with little relief but I finally found that if I don't eat or drink anything but water after 8:00pm also I don't eat any dairy products except lactose free milk and Earth Balance vegan butter , I also stay away from garlic and tomatoes well anything with acid and this has saved my life I'm doing so much better now the pain has almost gone away and the chest pains are gone and the acid reflex has also improved I hope these suggestions help you it's worth giving it a try maybe you'll be like me and feel a lot better Take Care and good luck 😃

• Posted

Hello I am the same no dairy products for years no tomatoes or garlic and I haven't eaten any fruit for 3 years now. I also eat often but small potions. Do you also sleep with the bed raised I still take Omeprazol but down to 20mg every other day. I never eat later than 7PM and usually have breakfast around 8Am so 13 hours rest. My main problem is stress as I suffer from continuous Tinnitus. Hope you carry on to be successful with keeping the hernia in check

• Posted

I also suffer from Tinnitus. I have managed to live with it and only notice it now when it is brought to my attention. I also eat very small portions often. If I put too much in my stomach at one time, it actually comes back up in my throat.

Has anyone investigated Leaky Gut Syndrome. This doctor Gunderson, I think his name is? He believes that all of this is a result of Lectins in certain foods eating hole in our stomachs?

• Posted

All the doctors that I have seen seem to react to small Hiatal Hernia as though it shouldn't cause this much distress. But since getting on this site, it seems that most of the people with them, have the same miserable symptoms as I am having.

I have had acid reflux for years and taken proton pump inhibitors for it. I have stopped taking them, and now just take Pepcid when I need it, not as a matter of course. I wonder if the medicines themselves don't cause some of this?

• Posted

I have just started taking Bullrich Salz its bicarbonatesoda

an old remedy but it seems to help.

It took 7 years to diagnose mine I live in Germany and in 1992 a German Doctor diagnosed it not knowing what was wrong gave me so much stress. It took me years to work out that I couldn't eat dairy anymore. I eat no fruit or tomatoes very acidic bananas are the worst they take so much time to digest I have a cup of coffee in the morning no other hot drinks and if I have an alcoholic drink its usually Guinness or a Bitter no lager no fizzy drinks I like a glass of red wine but that can also be acidic. Mince pies are also a no go curry out of the question baked beans also a none starter

• Posted

Tomatoes are bad? I m so glad I landed on this discussion. I eat tomatoes on a daily basis,garlic as well. I will have to find a way of making my meals without the tomatoes and see how it goes.

• Posted

You are describing my symptoms. I will keep an eye on this discussion to get a bit more information. Thanks for posting this.

• Posted

i forgot to mention i always have shoulder pain on the left side and down my left breast and goes to my armpit and back and down my abdomen. im just sick of it

• Posted

Same with me!! my left side, shoulder, and chest are killing me! So is laying down. I was just diagnosed with hiatal hernia, and I actually thought I was having heart problems! I'm so glad I found this conversation. I've been feeling like I'm going crazy! The sharp pains are so brutal. It's really ruining my quality of life.

• Posted

yes just now is getting better just sharp pains . i take nexium 20mg. and carafe 10ml and it goes away. im over it too.

im sobhappy im not alone

• Posted

they totally ruin one s quality of life. so many symptoms all at once. 😞

• Posted

im still havent eat regular meals it burns at night and i suffer from anxiety and it makes it worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.