Pain on the left side

Posted , 10 users are following.

hello

i have a small hiatal hernia and im not sure if this is it maybe someone her can help me . i been experiencing pain on my left side of abdomen right below the ribs and radiates to the back. i also have GERD and acid reflux. im on nexium and i take carafe 10ml. i have been in the ER and they check my heart and is perfect and i crossed this and i need to see if other can relate.

thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im going through something similar. At hospital i was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. I was having severe pain in my lower left side behind my rib cage. I can't eat much because i feel full very quickly and it gets hard to breathe. When i followed up with my gastroenterologist he told me if i was having pain in my lower left rib cage area it wouldn't be because of the hernia. He said i wouldn't feel the pain there but in the center of my chest. I've seen several people on this site and others say they feel pain in that area with a hiatal hernia. I don't know what to do, short of getting a second opinion. Good luck to you and I hope you get answers and relief soon.

• Posted

Hi, i was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia in 2015. I have been on omeprazole since then but have only been taking e times a week for the last year. My current symptoms include dull ache on left side under ribs that radiates from front to back. This also feels like a pinching sensation sometimes. I'm also getting a dead arm feeling in my upper left arm and top of shoulder. Plus the same feeling upper left chest. I'm not confident another Doctors visit will help much. I also wake up every morning with some acid in my mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.