Pain/pressure under right breast rib cage area

Posted , 16 users are following.

Has anyone found out what’s causing this pressure. I see a lot of us have the same conditions and have had the same test. But has anyone found the relief for it. Planning on gallbladder surgery soon. They have not even though they have not found anything wrong with it. Look forward to hearing. I have had hida scam, throat scan, colonoscopy, 3 ex rays,ultra sound and still nothing.  2 yrs now! Thank you

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go to another hospital or Dr. This is wrong. You need help. Where is the pressure you are talking about.
    • Posted

Under right breast in the rib cage area. Down my right side and around my back 
  • Posted

No haven't found out what is causing my pressure although my dr after examining suspected gastritis very painful so fed up nothing showing up nothing helps the pressure either 

• Posted

Hi Rosie,

I too have been experiencing pain under the right rib cage for 2 months now.  I noticed the bloating and feeling full all the time about 4 months ago......then the rib cage pain soon after.  I saw my primary, then gastroenterologist.  I've had blood work done-normal.......ultrasound-normal....recently the HIDA Scan.  Got the results today....NOT normal.  Shows my gallbladder ejection fraction is abnormal. I was told I will need gallbladder removal. I am preparing for a second opinion.  The different websites have such mixed opinions on the surgery deal....some say have it....some say don't.  I'm going to have to REALLY research it.  I'm also going to try to change my diet and se if that helps.  Just trying to avoid surgery I guess....but also REALLY tired of the pain!  I can truly relate to how you feel :-)!  Hope it gets better for both of us really soon!

• Posted

Hi Kitty, all my test have come back normal. I spoke with my primary Dr yesterday and they will be scheduling me an U/S abdomens complete. Hopefully this showes something. I’m not sure I will be having the gallbladder removed , it is scheduled but not sure I want it removed. 
    • Posted

Wow.....you sound just like me! Nothing was more frustrating than going in for different test and everything coming back normal! While I was not happy to get my diagnose yesterday... I was glad they FINALLY found something because the pain was telling me there was DEFINITELY something wrong! I'll see what my second opinion doctor tells me. Hang in there!

• Posted

I’m glad they found something with your Hida scan. They have found absolutely NOTHING we me. 2 yrs now. My stomach is about to rip in 2. I can just sit here and feel the pressure and pain. I think my doctor feels I’m stupid or something. Don’t ask for any pills, nor do I take any. Just want to find the cause. 
    • Posted

I was the same way.....I wanted no drugs, I wanted the problem fixed. My primary doctor referred me to a gastrologist and she suggested the HIDA Scan. The other test showed nothing. My stomach on the right side CONSTANTLY hurts! That entire side and the back on that side is very tender. I can truly relate to you!
    • Posted

I had the Hida and they said a little sludge in the gallbladder. 1 surgeon said it’s not my gallbladder, the other one said it might be and has scheduled surgery. I don’t want it out on a maybe. I want to know for sure. Now I’m going through anxiety because of it. And let me tell you I am a strong woman and don’t let things bother me, but this is. 
    • Posted

My sentiments exactly! My doctor is referring me to a surgeon for a second opinion. She said the surgeon may suggest an other colonoscopy even though I had one 5 years ago. I just don't want to have something removed....and still have the pain which may mean it did not need to come out. Therefore.... I may get a THIRD opinion. Bottom line....once it's gone.. it's gone!

• Posted

Thank you! I wish you the best as well! Please keep me posted. Have a great weekend!
    • Posted

Hi Kitty did you find any answers to your ribcage pain ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.