Pain/pressure under right breast rib cage area

Posted , 16 users are following.

Has anyone found out what’s causing this pressure. I see a lot of us have the same conditions and have had the same test. But has anyone found the relief for it. Planning on gallbladder surgery soon. They have not even though they have not found anything wrong with it. Look forward to hearing. I have had hida scam, throat scan, colonoscopy, 3 ex rays,ultra sound and still nothing.  2 yrs now! Thank you

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been having this same issue as well.  I'm having a CT scan on Thursday of right chest area.  Does anyone feel like something jiggling in there when you are walking too?  I have fatty liver too, so I'm afraid of having liver damage or something.  I really am fed up with having this pain.

• Posted

I'm having this discomfort too. I wouldn't call it painful more bothersome and just there. Comes and goes feeling like a rock is lodged under the right ribcage. My dr suggested chiropractor and stretching. Then a CT scan. Mine has been going on for about 4 years. Comes and goes. Has anyone found answers ? 

• Posted

I have had same issues on right side only. Comes and goes. My doctor has been saying thoracic muscle really not believing it anymore

• Posted

The CT was declined by insurance they want me to do an abdominal ultrasound first. I'll report back my findings.

• Posted

Hello , I have had my gallbladder removed a year ago...and the pain only gets worst for me now...I find myself grasping my right breast/rib area and breathing deeply to offset the pain..to no avail it just has to subside on its on...Have anyone got relief??????
  • Posted

I believe I had systemic ( internal) shingles. First on left side. Now right dude. 

Excruciating 

And nerve pain as well as muscle. 

I’ve avoided doctors because internal shingles is rare and they’ll make me take 30 tests with no diagnosis. 

So there’s no way to prove internal shingles but I’m pretty sure that’s what I have. 

Taking l lysine and Vit c and anything for nerves. I drink tea for nerves and also use calms. 

It was bad for almost 3 months on my left side. Now traveled to right. 

There’s grabbing pain. 

I also have an auto immune disorder. 

Taking Vit d in large doses. 

I use cold packs and a hot water bottle. Plus I think I need a new bed. 

Not supportive enough. 

For what it’s worth, look up internal shingles. 

• Posted

I have the same pain. Same area. Under right breast, radiating to the back. Comes and goes. Better when I’m standing. Had my gallbladder out 50 years ago. Got this pain a few months ago. I’m 75 yrs old now. Not going to a dr because I don’t have insurance. I think it’s from heavy lifting which I frequently do. Lmk if anyone finds anything out. God bless us all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.