Pain relief at 3 wks post fkr.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 3 weeks post fkr. After having my staples removed I asked the nurse if the pain relief (codine)could be repeated on prescription, I was told to take just regular paracetamol and ibuprofen. I'm sleeping maximum an hour and usually straight after ice and feel I could achieve more sleep if my pain was under control. Any ideas gratefully received.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not trying to be "non homeopathic" but additional magnesium in patients not requiring it may not be what you should do.

Call the doctor...it is your providers business to see that your pain is well controlled! My knee went to hell in a hand basket, so to speak.... I was on opiates for about 6 months and had no problem discontinuing use. I hesitate to think how things would have been without pain control mess.

Call the doc. What you are asking for is not unreasonable. Not sleeping is a common problem after this surgery. Ask him also for short term Ambien to help with sleep. You'll do much better well rested with adequate pain control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.