Pain specifically in one tooth even on medication

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey everyone! I was just diagnosed with TN six days ago. I just had my medication (gabapentin) increased from 100mg once a day to 300mg twice a day because the pain was so bad. Now the pain is much more manageable with only a slight tingle or ache on occasion with the exception of one tooth. I had gone to the dentist before getting diagnosed with TN, and they said I could have a "potential" infection in one of my molars on the side that I get my TN pain. They shaved it a little bit to "relieve my bite" since I have an open bite. Now that tooth hurts even with medication, but the pain level is not consistent. Should I head back to the dentist or does this sound like TN pain? It is most sensitive when I eat (hot and cold) or if I press it gently with my tongue. I'm new to all of this so I'm not sure how to tell the difference between normal tooth pain and TN just yet.

Thanks!

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds familiar my attacks always start in my teeth specifically one tooth. Like you said even with just gentle pressure and yes it is a constant pain and some times throbbing. Heat seems to help me. A hot rice bag at home and I use "hot hands" when needed out and about. Good luck and prayers to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.