Pain under left rib, back pain, bowel change. Worried!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Ive been feeling unwell for over a year. I had my second child in Jan 15 by c section. In the spring I had mastitus followed by a horrible bout of laryngitis!

Since then I cant remember feeling well. The most worrying symptom is a (now almost) constant discomfort under my left rib, made worse by eating but always there in some way.

My stools are usually soft, or normal follwed by a soft motion usually first thing in the morning. Ive also experienced bouts of mucus but only blood one, which was after a large stool.

Stools have sometimes been on the yellow side sometimes normal. Occasionally they can be small and wrinkly as if dehydrated. Passing stool doesnt usually help the pain.

I always have lots of gas, sometimes i can hear it from the outside. It feels like it is bubbling where the pain is.

I have suffered with lightheadedness this past year, it is not so bad recently but i have found it very hard to deal with, like i am walking around in a constant fog!

I get occasional bouts of nausea and have always suffered with migraines.

I have seen a gp 7 times in the last year, they say IBS, stress, gallbladder. I had full blood tests at the start and an abdominal ultrasound which found nothing. I have had abdominal and rectal examinations which were normal.

I was finally referred to a consultant buy to my dismay it is a colo-rectal one, whereas i feel i need a gastro. That app is next week.

The last gp wanted me to start anti depressants as he felt it was aniexty. I did have a tough 2015 as my mum was diagnosed and treated for bowel cancer which was a massive shock.

However i dont feel this is my problem as things have got better, my mum is in remission yet my pain is getting worse.

I feel like no one is taking me seriously and am scared i have something seriously wrong!

5 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so today I had the dreaded endoscopy and colonoscopy! all came back clear, they have taken biopsies so will see the consultant in the new year!

whilst my journey is not over, I'm so very pleased that my cancer fears have not been confirmed!

merry Christmas to you all!

• Posted

Hi did you ever get a diagnosis?? i have exact same symptoms as you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.