Pain where gall bladder used to be-except I had my gall bladder removed.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed 20 years ago. The experience leading up to the surgery was horrible--weight loss, no sleep, no food. Once I was admitted to the hospital (after going the ER), my gall bladder was removed the following morning. The recovery went well with ZERO pain since. Until now! About 3 weeks ago, it started. It is the SAME pain I recall having 20 years ago. Except, I don't HAVE a gall bladder. Anyone know WHAT this could be?

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I SURE hope that don't happen to me. mines been out since May , Thank God !! The worst pain Ive ever endured in my life.  ER surgery the next day like U, then 2 weeks of extreme post op pain. Now good as new and eat whatever I want. Good Luck, I never want to feel that undiscrable pain ever agan
  • Posted

I don't know, sometimes I think, after a surgery it just takes the body awhile to get accustom to something different.  I hope things settle down for you.  Keep letting your doctor know what is going on and for heavens sake if it continues then get an appointment.  Best to you.
  • Posted

Do go back for tests to find out what is going on. I'm pre-op with gallstones and taking an interest as I see many have some issues after. It is said youcan still make stones in the remnants of your bile ducts/liver. You can also have infections or inflammation and adhesions/ scars from surgery.

If your bile was causing stones in the Gb years ago, it could still be a bile issue as removing the gallbladder does not cure this, it simply removes the symptoms and stones. The liver is often the organ that is struggling all along. Good luck, hope it turns out to be something routine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.