Pain with broken ankle

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, I broke my ankle Feb 21, 2020. they said i broke 3 bones. on Feb 28, 2020 I had ankle surgery where they put pins and screws. I was in a cast all the way until March 11, 2020 on that day I went to the doctor they remove my cast and stitches and I was placed in a walking boot but no weight bearing. I slept in the walking boot for 2 weeks until I was told I could remove it while I sleep. I be in the bed all day so sometimes I have it on and sometimes I don't. on March 28, 2020 it made 4 weeks since my surgery I am experiencing pain. sometimes it's a sting pain and sometimes it's a tight pain. my toes also be numb and swollen then the swelling goes down then I could move my toes. it seems as if my ankle will fall off from this pain if I lay on my side the incision be hard as a rock and it hurts on both sides and in the back of my ankle I don't know because it's cold or not. I don't go back to the doctor until April 8, 2020 which then it will be 6 weeks can anyone tell me if they know what is the pain I'm feeling Thank you all!❤

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hello I think your pain is normal. i did same as you in dec 19, i am still in a boot, except when in house. the discomfort/pain has been unreal. however these past 2 weeks i think it has finally turned a corner. been a really slow process, but as my consultant explained the amount of soft tissue damage is huge and that takes longer than the bones to heal.

be kind to yourself x

• Posted

Hello Teal, I'm sorry that you are still in the boot. I hope that one day you won't need it anymore. I'm glad the pain is starting to turn for you. I go back to doctor on April 8th so hopefully I will done with this boot. please take care of yourself and I pray that God keep you and your family safe during this Covid 19. Be blessed!

• Posted

Hi Mark here.

9 month's post opp me same as you.

It do get better slow but it do promise.

After 4 months I applied aveeno after the stitches had healed it kept the skin supple for the swelling Stopped cracking skin.

Every time it swells elavate high up it will help.

Paracetamol I had for the pain it helped.

I'm walking now with a little help from a stick.

Have you asked for a air walker boot it was do mutch better I bought my own and fracture clinic said I could use it it was amasing..

Take care let me know how you do any questions please ask it do get better.

Respcts

Mark.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.