Painful and stiff walking

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi folks

my surgery was cancelled April 3 because surgeon broke his leg but I now have new date may 30 

i am having so much pain and stiffness in both legs the past few days when trying to walk, even with a cane. I'm taking ibuprofen and Tylenol 3  but pain still there Is this normal or do you think I have something else going on?

i think any muscles I had in my upper legs are gone through lack of exercise although I did do the preop exercises until the pain got too much for me

any ideas?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ginny,

I've just read your post and can identify with the bilateral leg pain. I was so scared. If you have a read of my posts on here to do with bilateral leg pain you will see just how scared I was. ALL my pain and inability to walk anywhere came on so suddenly. From last Christmas to March - only three months - my groin/thigh pain in one leg went from a 4 to an 8 in BOTH legs. And both knees!??? I had to give in and buy a mobility scooter after a life of walking everywhere. Supermarket shopping was very depressing, having to ask people to reach up and get me things. My GP prescribed morphine patches - middle one up - and I'm currently taking Naproxen and paracetamol as well.

The pain is now mainly in just one leg again thank goodness but I still can't walk without excruciating groin/thigh pain. I haven't even been given an operation date yet. My surgeon's secretary says it will be months crysad

At the m

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I am so sorry you have had so much pain. It is especially sad that you have to wait so long for your surgery. I have been waiting quite a while too so I know how you must feel. As everyone keeps saying keep active as much as you can although it is a dilemma when you are in pain.

do hope you get a surgery date soon and I wish you all the best.

Ginny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.