Painful eyes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello to you all, I haven't been on my lap top for a while due to painful eyes, does anyone else suffer pain in their eyes because of the M E, I have had my eyes tested and they said they were fine, I do have glasses but only need them for reading, I cannot stand the light in my eyes feel like I have a head cold but I haven't if you know what I mean, feel a bit under the weather really, all I seem to be doing is moaning all the time, hope you are not bored with me :oops:

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Cats eyes

I have dry eyes and are often painful and I have to have artificial tears for this as I told the Optician about this and she put a special drops in my eyes and then checked them and then she said I needed false tears as my tear ducts were not working properly,[u:0496ad55a1] probably [/u:0496ad55a1]due to sjogren's syndrome, but she said I needed to refer this to my GP too....... I am no doctor but just goto your GP as you should not be suffering.

I hope you get your answers soon x

• Posted

Hi Cats Eyes

Of course we are not bored with you smile We just want to help as and when we can.

I have a lot of eye problems too .... the first signs of me having a 'bad day' are that my eyes feel heavy, sore and painful ..... and they look different too. I also wear light sunglasses most of the time because, like you I can't stand bright lights. This is one of the symptoms of our old friend, ME I am afraid :roll:

I am often to be found with a warm, wet flannel over my face (my hubby says it is a big improvement :lol: ) to soothe my eyes, and also use various types of eye drops.

Hope this helps you a little. Take care smile

• Posted

As Katie has already said it is a side affect of me, the burning and the pain. It happens to me when I get too tired or have been overdoing things. I am very light sensitive. At times I turn dorn the brightness of my tv and computer screen. I can't use eye drops due to past eye surgery. A cooling cloth over helps I find.
  • Posted

I too have problems with my eyes. I was diagnosed with Sjogrens syndrome by a rheumatologist cos I also have osteoarthritis. Apparently it is called sicca, the dryness.

I have artificial tears for when they are really bad and have had to get reading glasses. Another thing I find is that my eyes are sensitive to light. When I am ill I lie in a darkened room. :cry:

I also find that if I catch the light, like when turning on a lamp, that it \"imprints\" in my eyes. I have to turn the lamp on with my back to it!! :oops:

Very occasionally I have migraine type visual disturbances when I see loads of wavy lines :shock:

Never really connected it to the ME but it is a co-incidence that a few of us have eye problems.

Is it any wonder people dont take ME seriously when you considor the range of symptoms! :bleep: . Yet we all have this diverse yet similar range of problems. :cry:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Oh, that's really weird Dale ..... I turn my head away when I switch a lamp on too :lol:

I'll be thinking of you doing the same each time now :lol:

• Posted

Katie, you can be my new best friend, cos Teedie has left me for James and his Speedoes!! :wah:

We can turn our backs to the light together :lol:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Right on, Dale :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
  • Posted

Oh Dale, i would never let a man come between us :wink: :wink: especially one in speedos, (no offence James) :wink: i am still your bestest friend :hug:

I promise i won't flirt with him again :roll:

I too have blurry, light sensitive eyes and wear sunglasses in the car even when it's raining 8)

• Posted

Hi Teedie

Glad you are my bestest friend again :smooch:

Katie you are still my friend too :hug:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Aww shucks ....... thanx Dale 8)
  • Posted

This sounds like my daughter when she was in primary 7 at school (year 7) to you lot, i think :lol:
  • Posted

:lol:

I think one of the symptoms of this illness must be childish behaviour :lol:

But who cares :wink:

• Posted

if it's not, we can invent it Katie :lol:
  • Posted

Nothing wrong with getting in touch with your inner child now and again :lol: :silly: :nahnah: :devil:

I do it a lot!!

Dale xxx

• Posted

I must have missed this when I came back from holiday, I have just found it now and it's made me chuckle.

Seriously though, I often feel as though I have something in my eye, a bit of dust or an eyelash, but there is nothing there. I do get little ulcers on the insides of my eyeleds, and also the insides of my lips.

There's always something not working quite properly. Oh poo, pants, :bleep: (mini punchbag moment)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.