Painful eyes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello to you all, I haven't been on my lap top for a while due to painful eyes, does anyone else suffer pain in their eyes because of the M E, I have had my eyes tested and they said they were fine, I do have glasses but only need them for reading, I cannot stand the light in my eyes feel like I have a head cold but I haven't if you know what I mean, feel a bit under the weather really, all I seem to be doing is moaning all the time, hope you are not bored with me :oops:

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Poo pants ......... OMG :shock:
  • Posted

I have started to get mouth ulces quiete alot, I have been told it's a side effect of my medication.
  • Posted

I have always been prone to mouth ulcers before i had ME. Dale has had mouth ulcers too but not sure if it's a new thing.

I sympathise with you coz it's very painful. :roll:

• Posted

i don't get ulcers but i do get what i think is really bad skin allergies. i've mentioned this briefly before, but does anyone else suffer with their skin?

i get these little red bumps which are unbelievably itchy, and on my hands they're like little water blisters. :evil: the weird thing is that kate has the same thing too. our doctor's have said all sorts of various things from bed bugs :monster: (it wasn't) to scabies :vampire: (wasn't that either) to eczma to allergies.

thing is i've had allergies before and antihistimine worked on it, but it isn't working now. my bottom looks like a pizza! sad

any ideas?

Trees x

• Posted

I get very itchy at times ...... especially my neck. In fact the itching kept waking me up last night :roll:

I find the E45 cream for itchy skin helps a little. I try not to scratch though as I look as if someone has tried to strangle me if I do :shock:

Itching is another symptom of ME, I am afraid :roll:

• Posted

Is it? Really? who says? :shock:

I though I just had dry skin! :shock: You learn something every day on here. :D

• Posted

Yes, we were discussing itching at my last ME meeting. And can you remember both Donna and Jay suffered badly from it.

Will try and find it in my book :thepost:

Not heard a thing from Donna and Jay still :?

• Posted

Itchying (scratch, scratch), did someone mention itching (scratch, scratch) ?

I get those tiny blister things on one hand and they drive me crazy itching for a couple of days and then they just disappear again plus recently I have started to get an itchy neck too ....... it was so bad at one point that I got hubby to check my head out in case I needed to call in the [i:4b23b25cbd]nit nurse [/i:4b23b25cbd] :lol:

In desperation one night I rubbed on some Voltarol gel on the itchy bits and it actually worked so now I keep a tube of it handy to beat off the itches .... little blighters :D

What a strange animal ME is :?: :roll: :roll: :?:

Kristal

xx

• Posted

kristal that's EXACTLY what i get - little blisters on my hand that itch like a :bleep: !! on the rest of my body they're like incredibly itchy red bumps, its driving me mad. :evil:

the weird thing is that kate has it too, which was why i didnt know if it was related to ME or not. :? do you think its stress/anxiety related, so a sort of secondary effect of ME?

urgh i want my body bad, this one's breaking down! :roll:

Trees x

• Posted

that was obviously body BACK, of course. :roll:
  • Posted

Aren't itchy and scratchy on the Simpsons? :P

Teedie, my ulcers are not a new thing. I have always been prone to them. My Dad is too. :evil:

Dale xxx

• Posted

[quote:26cd5defcf]nit nurse [/i] :lol:

Kristal, there is no such thing as the nit nurse anymore :evil: I am a school nurse and we only advise parents or schools about it. It is a parents responsibility. :roll:

This is one of my bug bears and we need to educate people. School nurses in Scotland anyway work with vulnerable families to protect children. We do the immunisation programmes and work with other agencies. Our role as health educators has been removed from us as we don't have the capacity. It's so frustrating. :roll: :P The role has changed dramatically since we were at school. :?

I cover 7 primary schools and 1 secondary and work 21 hrs per week. It's an impossible task. :roll:

Don't take offence at this Kristal, :lol: I have just taken this opportunity to let people know what the role of a school nurse is now. :lol: [/quote:26cd5defcf]

• Posted

I am having a problem with this quoting. Can you not quote a part of someone's post :?
  • Posted

Don't worry Teedie, I don't even try to quote :?

Anything technical I ask my friend Alicia to do it for me :lol:

That's what friends are for after all :wink:

• Posted

Going back to the original message. A little bit out of my diary 'me/cfs is capable of causing several visual disturbances:

- Blurring of vision,

- Photophobia

-pain in and around eyes can be quite severe and become localised behind one eye.

- nystagmus, an involuntary rolling movement of the eyeball

-blepharospasm, involuntary spasm and flickering of eye lids.

[b:4577f5732b]Sorry but Patient Admin have removed an email address from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum. [/b:4577f5732b]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.