Painful eyes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello to you all, I haven't been on my lap top for a while due to painful eyes, does anyone else suffer pain in their eyes because of the M E, I have had my eyes tested and they said they were fine, I do have glasses but only need them for reading, I cannot stand the light in my eyes feel like I have a head cold but I haven't if you know what I mean, feel a bit under the weather really, all I seem to be doing is moaning all the time, hope you are not bored with me :oops:

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry Teedie, I didn't mean to offend anyone or belittle your job, I was just showing my age sad

Kristal

xx

• Posted

Kristal, I remember the old nit nurse :lol:

We used to call her 'Nitty Nora' :nurse:

Those were the days :wink:

Mind you, thinking about it, she certainly didn't wash her hands in between each child ....... :yuk:

• Posted

HI Teedie

[quote:f92279ded9]I am having a problem with this quoting. Can you not quote a part of someone's post [/quote:f92279ded9]

All you need to do to highlight the post you want by copying the wording by getting your mouse over the wording needed and then right clicking to copy and once pasted onto the reply highlight again what you want and then click onto the quote and then it should work???? I hope this makes sense :lol:

As with the Nitt nurse Conversation, it seems to me that the kids that breed these awful lice are children that mums are winos or something, my attitude to this is that schools should send the children home if they have lice until they have got rid of them as I think the majority of kids would be dealt with then, as these parents would not want their children to miss school due to their commitments??? Hope that makes sense but I am exhausted due to lack of sleep :roll: and schools would be a happier place without the kids scratching their heads and paranoid about sitting next to the child that was inundated!!!!! Nitt Nurse should come back to school,though probably costs too much money or something......but I was told that the teachers are unable to even have a child on their knee due to rules of this day and age, so therefore they are unable to touch a child's hair to check for infestations so it is no wonder the schools are unable to combat this situation, when I was at school there was not as much a problem as there is now!!!! Waffling rubbish now :lol: so I am off.

Take care everyone and I hope everyone is having a good day xxx

• Posted

I do it another way. I click on the quote button in the post I want to quote from. this gives me the whole post. Then i just highlight and delete what i do NOT want, leaving the bit I want to quote. then i type my reply. :D
  • Posted

[quote=\"alicia\"]I do it another way. I click on the quote button in the post I want to quote from. this gives me the whole post.

This is me just having a practice ......

• Posted

Hey Alicia :shock:

It works and it's SO easy :magic:

Shall be doing lots of quoting from now on ........ 8)

Watch this space :lol:

• Posted

Aw Kristal, you didn't offend me, i'm sorry but i just hate it when someone says, oh you're a nit nurse, when i say i am a school nurse. :roll: Think we should change our name :wink:

SES, thanks for that. I don't think it is only the vulnerable children who contract headlice :ant: The wee mites are not fussy. :roll:

I was treating my 2 kids on Xmas eve.

When i was young my Mum combed through all 6 kids hair every Sunday night, the problem is, parents don't do that anymore, they wait til it happens. :roll: Don't get me started :evil:

It's a parents responsibility at the end of the day :roll:

• Posted

A lot of thigs are parents resposibility, but some parents abdicate that responsibility and the schools and society have to cope with the fall out. :evil:
  • Posted

i agree with teedie, i think children (and adults) from all backgrounds can get nits. :monster: i never had nits as a child, but rather annoyingly did get them in college. i wasn't unclean, and my mother certainly wasn't a wino (although she does enjoy a good whisky) so i really don't think they're that fussy!

but yes, parents should be encouraged to get in the habit of checking their kids hair more.

Trees x

• Posted

Nits love clean hair just as much sad

My daughter went to a little private prep school and we were always having letters home saying there was an outbreak.

I can still remember that revolting clingy smell of the nit-busting shampoo we had to use :yuk:

Katie x

(Mind you, quite a few of the mothers were winos :shock: You could smell it on their breath in the mornings :shock:

• Posted

haha! :lol:

i remember at the age of 17 using loads of tea tree oil conditioner and my mum having to comb it all out, yuk! :hangover: apparently by that point the little buggers had become immune to the special nit shampoo.

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.