Painful intercourse??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies does anyone have problems with painful intercourse that is NOT due to dryness? Everything is fine otherwise but it just hurts so much - it feels bit like knocking a bruise inside.

I've checked so many times with my GP but they always say it's dryness bout it's NOT!

I have had smear and ultrasound checks and all ok so maybe it's an infection? I am off to GP again on Mondsy as I kee getting so worried about it.

It's that painful that it makes me cry -which is a bit of a mood killer!! We have given up now as its just too painful.

I do have spooting again this month after no periods for 3 months and it's a bit reddy browny (old blood?) and it's been like it for 3 weeks.

I e had this problem about 1.5 years now and really keep worrying.

Any help/advice very welcome! Many thanks xxxx

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I know what you're going through. I went through this, and it was a swollen fallopian tube on my right side and because I have a retroverted uterus it was causing a lot of pain. I was told to stop having sex until the swelling went down and I had to do exercises to strengthen my pelvic floor along with kegels.  Look it up online. It took about a month or 2 for things to get back to normal.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

I too sometimes feel something sore and painfully swallow on my sides not during the sex. But it is very painful. Can I please ask you Sochima, how did you find out that it was swollen fallopian tubes? And what causes it. I really suffer from something swallow assuming now it might be the fallopian tubes. sad Thank you

• Posted

Hi Imagine, I had an ultrasound done. They said it was because of the fibroids. What you probably have are fibroids that are bothering you. I had that pain as well. My doctor put me on birth control pills to help calm the pain and reduce the inflammation to the area. Have you seen your doctor for it, if not I'd make an appointment.

• Posted

where are you all feeling this pain in vaginal area? Does fibroids show on a transvaginal ultra sound? I may have a fibroid and dont know it. I am a wdow so NOT sexually active but get vaginal pain off and on Especially since all those exams and biospies since June 2016. 
    • Posted

Thank you. Years ago I had a massive fibroid removed. But even then doctors claimed that fibroid shouldn't cause and pain. But oh yes they did cause unberable pain. I had a bad experience in my last scan. The radiologist was dismissing the increase in the size of my cysts. I really had to fight to make her right and report it to my gp. I am sick of the disfunctional health care. But this pain comes and goes. Something feels really swollen so much the I can't even walk on my foot. It puts pressure on the ovary as I walk. sad

• Posted

My sisters fibriods gave her unbearable pain to plus heavy bleeding! 
    • Posted

Oh my goodness you poor thing. Did you have an ultrasound Hun? How did they find the swollen Fallopian tube? I will look up pelvic floor exercises and levels too. Thanks so much for the advice ! ❤️
    • Posted

Yeah my pain is in the initial entrance to the vaginal area. It's difficult to explain but it's feels like my hubby is wearing a condom made of tin foil. (Apologies but that's the best way I can describe it). It's not a dry pain but sharpish and taut like knocking a bruise... I'm not sure if fibroid show on trans vaginal scans. I'll ask on Monday and post again xxx many thanks for your reply and hope you get to the cause of your discomforts soon too xxxx

• Posted

Louise if the  pain is in the initial entrance, where it feels like razor sharp pain, then a yeast infection type of cream maybe all you need. I recall that pain too, not long ago, my doctor suggested I buy gyne lotrimin. I had to do it twice until the pain finally went away.
    • Posted

Okay, many years ago in my 20's I had this pain, where it felt like my uterus was falling out, and it was putting pressure on my ovaries. I went to my gyne who said it was not my ovaries, that it was my small intestine. I had a swollen small intestine. With this information since we didn't have the internet back then I attributed to foods I ate. Do you have Crohn's disease? I discovered that dairy, cheese, butter, cottage cheese, yogurts, milk, eggs and processed meats like salami, were the culprits. So I stopped eatinrg these and sure enough my pain went away but it took a few months until my body was clear of them.  Years later I slowly introduced these foods into my diet, at first I was getting inflammation I would stop eating them  then try again. Now I can eat them all except that I don't eat a whole lot of them except for cheese. My body adapted. There are still cheeses I cannot eat, they make me sick, like aged moldy cheese and some soft cheese. See if you can find the culprit. Another thing is that they gave me metamucil to help with fiber and digestion except that I didn't know until then that I was allergic to wheat where I became bloated so I switched to just eating vegetables without butter. My lower intestine stopped hurting and my body was feeling better.

• Posted

Crosado, I had an ultra sound. From what you're describing it sounds as if you're having vaginal spasms. It's called Vaginismus. You can do kegel exercises but I read you need to do 20 per day.  Look it up online. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I had so many things I don't remember it all that well, maybe it was a transvaginal ultra sound.

• Posted

I'll look it up but can that cause vagnal pain? 

• Posted

I just looked it up I can't have " Vaginismus" because I am not sexually active at all and have'nt in years. Unless you meant that for Louise 

• Posted

Can you have a yeast infection minus the discharge?
    • Posted

You don't need to be sexually active to have vaginal spasms. Highly unlikely it's a yeast infection unless you have symptoms. It's a contraction is that occuring within your vaginal walls probably from the tests performed. However, you should seek medical attention if it's bothering you that much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.