Painful intercourse??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies does anyone have problems with painful intercourse that is NOT due to dryness? Everything is fine otherwise but it just hurts so much - it feels bit like knocking a bruise inside.

I've checked so many times with my GP but they always say it's dryness bout it's NOT!

I have had smear and ultrasound checks and all ok so maybe it's an infection? I am off to GP again on Mondsy as I kee getting so worried about it.

It's that painful that it makes me cry -which is a bit of a mood killer!! We have given up now as its just too painful.

I do have spooting again this month after no periods for 3 months and it's a bit reddy browny (old blood?) and it's been like it for 3 weeks.

I e had this problem about 1.5 years now and really keep worrying.

Any help/advice very welcome! Many thanks xxxx

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Louise,

Sorry you're going through this.  A GP doesn't usually have the knowledge to diagnose and treat gynecological issues.  You could have a bruised cervix or something else going on with your uterus, such as an overgrowth of the uterine lining. I suggest you get a referral to a gynecologist asap.  That's the best doctor to diagose and treat you at this point.  

This has been going on for too long now, and you really need someone to look into it further.  

Best of luck and let us know how you do! xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Lynda. Yeah I have an appointment on Monday for a GP smear and I'll discuss referral to gynochologist too. I'm just so anxious about it now and so scared it's something awful. Trying to keep calm and keep everything in perspective though. It's so worrying this time of life!! I will post again after Monday and hope all is well 😘Xx

• Posted

Hi, Louise,

You might have vulvar vestibulitis, which is characterised by pain upon attempted entry into the vagina...also irritation of the entry. It might be as simple as that--but your gp obviously isn't qualified to treat it, because they didn't bother to diagnose it!  smile  Get yourself to a GYN, lady! smile

• Posted

Hi Lynda wow I e never heard of vulvar vestibulitis. I'll look on google. Yep I will get this checked and ask for a gyny appointment. Thanks Hun xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynda I saw my GP today and she was great. She listened to everything and had a through look round. She did a smear and various swabs but she said everything look rosy and naturally pink with just a hint of redness at the entrance. Checked for lumps and bumps and all ok. Putting the speculum in was truly painful and I nearly flew of the exam bed as it hurt so much but we got there in the end.

I mentioned vulvar vestibulitis as another forum lady mentioned (and I could rock all the symptoms of that one!) and she said it could well be the problem.

However, She has recommended we wait for the swab and smear test results then try a course of oestrogen pesseries which may replace the missing hormone that is affecting my vaginal entrance area.

I'll let you know and thanks again to you, and all the lovely ladies on this forum for your help. Xxxx

• Posted

Louise , sounds like you have a good GP! On the swabs was they done after she put the speculum in? Did she also go ahead and do the pap smear for cevical C?  I would hope that all GYN's would look around when they are preparing us for our paps and such!  I have never thought to ask!

• Posted

Thanks, Louise!  I am so glad she was great!  Let me know what happens with the tests!  xxx
    • Posted

Hiya she did swabs before and after putting the speculum in and did a CC smear test too. I'll let u know how it goes but hopefully all will be well! Thanks Hun xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.