Painful Intercourse- help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi ladies

i have been struggling over the last 2 years with pain on intercourse and its so bad now i just cant take it anymore.

ive been on HrT and vagifem insertibles but this hasnt helped. i recently had a hysteroscopy to remove polyps and all tests are clear now.

However i just cannot have intercourse now as it feels like im tearing in half. is it vaginal atrophy? AT My last smear I was in such pain when they opened the speculum and ended up crying my eyes out and my Doctor was so helpful but we focussed on removing the polyps rather than the pain from the exam.

Do any ladies out there suffer this? im going to go back to my consultant to discuss as I just cant take this snymore and my poor husband is so kind and patient it breaks my heart.

I feel like a genderless person and no longer feminine or able to feel attractive that way anymore. Can anyone help at all?

Thanks so much xxxx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Louise i feel your pain, im exactly the same , i cant even let my hubby near the entrance area as it feels like sharp knives entering me 😦 ,i haven't been able to have sex for a year. he is very understanding and patient thanks god. But i know how you feel it dont help your confidence i feel like im ageing and im only 57 , im trying K-E Pessaries at the moment , see how that goes ,im going to get some

AloeGel too as advised by Yellow on here. I feel worried i may never be able to have intimacy with my hub again 😦

Hope you get things sorted

Tricia xx

• Posted

Ohhh Louise, ive read your comment. I too had that feeling that my tissues were paper thin and just ripped with any kind of 'action'. In fact I thought those days were over! DO try the aloe gel, its been SO helpful for me, it gives the tissues back their cushioning. i DO hope it helps you the same and everyone else that may read this.

Let us know how you get on and a big round of applause to all kind and patient husbands willing to wait for us to find what works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.