Painful sex!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I went through menopause about 3 years ago as a result of a medication I was taking for my kidney disease. I have been diagnosed with VA, but cannot take hormones due to high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. I have tried replens, which made the irritation worse, as well as other lubricants. I tried vitamin E inserts also. I currently use coconut oil and Yes products. Sex is so painful. Anyone else dealing with this??? I have been married for 30 years. Fortunately, my husband is very loving and supportive. We have always had a healthy sex life, and this VA is very frustrating. I'm seriously considering the Mona Lisa Touch. Has anyone had this help with painful sex?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I have tried all the different remedies on the market and none of them worked for me. 

My doctor prescribed Ovestin cream and the results for me have been amazing.

I did have a cone biopsy 25 years ago due to having pre-cancerous cells and I was hesitant about using Ovestin but I made the personal decision because I wanted my life back. 

I am 68 years old and have been married for 30 years. My husband has been very supportive for all the years I have suffered with AV and now I fell like a normal woman again.

I hope you can find a solution because believe me I know exactly what you are going through.

Fern

• Posted

I haven't heard of Olvestin. How long did it take you to get reaults?

• Posted

I really understand where you are coming from hear, painful sex, tell me about it! things got so bad had to say sorry but cant put up with the pain any longer, dr. put me on vagifem pesseries which did help a lot, but after a few months had to stop using as they made be start to bleed again and that was that. dr.. told me there isnt anything else that works as well as vagifem.  I think the Ovestin cream works pretty much the same so wont be able to use this either i suppose.  What is the Mona Lisa touch? im now 65 and have no sex life cry

• Posted

Mona Lisa Touch is a laser treatment. It is 3 treatments about 6 weeks apart. It is supposed to help stimulate collagen and help help with moisture.
    • Posted

I am not sure. I live in the states. I would think it would be.
  • Posted

Mona Lisa worked for me. Tried everything over a three year period. Nothing worked. Uti's constantly no sex pain daily. Laser treatment for me was life changing

• Posted

That is good to hear. I have been reading testimonials about it. The GYN that I use actually started doing this procedure about a year ago. The cost is $1,500. I so want to get it done.
    • Posted

I see wonder if it even available in the UK then?
    • Posted

I am sure it is as it originated in EuropeDo a search on it
    • Posted

Where did you got that it was only 1500.00? I am set to meet a local urogyn here in NJ that does it but I was already wanred she is very expensive so I'm guess that would be like 3k. I'll know better on the 25th.

• Posted

In California I paid 2500 it was so worth it
    • Posted

I live in Pa. close to Philadelphia. My gyn charges 1200. What I am using is working wonderfully but I still would like to have this done to get back to 100%. As soon as I can afford it I'm going to give it a try.

• Posted

That would be awesome. I am making an appointment to see about getting it.

• Posted

Dothan, Alabama. Ladies First charges $1500.
    • Posted

I am in NJ and only about an hour from Philly. Would you share the name of you gyn.
    • Posted

Sorry I linked to the office and I guess that's frowned upon.

The practice is women for women in wynnewood. I see Dr. Waldman and just love her!

• Posted

Hi Pixiepjp, I wanted to thank you.  I am going to your practice in Nov 9th for the first Mona Lisa procedure.  They gave me Dr. Porcelan as she had the date I needed open.  I can't wait to start feeing better smile

• Posted

kellys3, I''m so happy for you. They're all good there so I'm sure you'll be pleased. Please let me know how it goes.

• Posted

I had the procedure done on Wednesday by Dr. Porcelain. Very nice lady. Not painful at all and was really fast. Of course I waited the 48 hours but had to test it out. Well it was slightly better so I'm hopeful to see a big difference after the next one which is what she said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.