Painful sex!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I went through menopause about 3 years ago as a result of a medication I was taking for my kidney disease. I have been diagnosed with VA, but cannot take hormones due to high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. I have tried replens, which made the irritation worse, as well as other lubricants. I tried vitamin E inserts also. I currently use coconut oil and Yes products. Sex is so painful. Anyone else dealing with this??? I have been married for 30 years. Fortunately, my husband is very loving and supportive. We have always had a healthy sex life, and this VA is very frustrating. I'm seriously considering the Mona Lisa Touch. Has anyone had this help with painful sex?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I was dealing with this. I had been put on estrace cream but my blood pressure went up so I was taken off of it. Replens did nothing for me and I too found it irritating. I now use vagisil prohydrate every other night and coconut oil on the days I don''t use the prohydrate. It's not 100% but close. I can now have sex . This was an impossibility before. I honestly thought I was sealed shut . The two things I've been using have been a life changer for me.

• Posted

Hi Pixie.

Can I ask you how long it took for the prohydrate and coconut oil to work for you?  Can you please tell me your symptoms.  Did you have soreness and burning?  Thanks..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.