Palpitations

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone have frequent palpitations. I am 49 years old. Didn't have a period for 6 months then started having them again. I am now having frequent palpitations

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Shirl and everyone. I'm 19 months into menopause, palpitations started about 2 years ago in per and started off panic attacks and health anxiety. Had a few ecgs,all ok. Last few no the been on betablockers and not had palps as often. Tonight I was 3 hours late for taking BB, took it and half hour after I was sitting eating when I got a flutter, like an extra beat. The thing with me is I go on high alert. I'm on half a hrt patch but waiting to pick up prescription so I'm a couple of days late putting a new one on. Also I have chronic indigestion/gas since meno and sometimes wonder if that causes the palps due to stimulation of the vagus nerve. Menopause hit me with a sledgehammer...palps,anxiety,hot flushes,night sweats,panic attacks,joint pain,gas/bloating. My doc hasn't been able to say that the palps are hormonal related, she just shrugs her shoulders! What do you ladies think? They scare me to death!

• Posted

Sorry for typos! Last 4 months on betablockers,palps started in perimenopause, became more frequent till they were every few days. Since BBs its maybe every 2-3 weeks .I'm on sertraline for anxiety, betablockers for palps/ BP , half a hrt patch.I am teatotal, stopped smoking a year ago, caffeine free, reasonable diet tho constant bloating, gas,sometimes heartburn/reflux.

• Posted

Hey Julie. Been reading these posts to see if there is anyone out there going through similar stuff. I, all of a sudden, like overnight had to give up caffeine and if you knew me you wouldn't even believe that! The anxiety is horrible to the point that I started taking meds and hoping it will help 😟

• Posted

Me too Brenda! I used to love my tea n coffee and really miss a good latte. Are you in peri or in menopause? Yes me too, the anxiety built gradually over the last 2 yrs till at new year it went out of control with waking up straight into panic attacks, several times a night, in total fear, jelly legs,burning chest discomfort. What meds are you on Brenda? Hope you're ok x

• Posted

Hi Julie! Yes, decaf coffee and sleepytime or chamomile tea for me. And tons of water! It was overnight that I couldn't handle caffeine, it was the weirdest thing. I started on Buspar for anxiety and low dose Prozac and hope it helps my moods, which are very down. But the last few days I've had intermittent periods of feeling 'normal', which is fantastic! I'm just in peri, I'm not even going to try to go through it without help, life is too short! 😌

Are you feeling any better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.