Palpitations

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello there I have been having palpitations for about 2 months now and I have just had a 24 hour monitor put on this morning ' I have the palpitations all day one after the other non stop nearly every day they have stopped a couple of times for about 2 weeks but that's it would like to hear from anyone who has had them this bad and has turned out to be ok ' I find them terrifying and feel like I can't breath I'm panicking all the time and I'm worse now I have this monitor picking it all up and so scared of results . thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you all for helping me cope with this it has made me feel a bit better knowing you all have these horrible things and it's not been nothing to worry about ' it's just the waiting I'm going to dread the phone ringing I think next week but I will keep you all posted ' x

• Posted

Oh yes, heart palpitations often. I've worn a holter monitor also. Everything checked out fine.

Some days in my cycle it's more severe than others. I've actually gotten used to it and is one of my LEAST irritating symptoms. Still bothersome and scary at times though.

• Posted

Yes some seem to be connected to hormone's ' I have been through the menopause started at 40 and haven't had a period since then so not sure what's causing mine and to literally not stopped ' mine are still going since 11 Thursday morning it's very worrying .

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're feeling badly about this. I truly hope you get good news that puts you at ease. I'm sure it will work out well 😃

• Posted

thank you trinity I must say the waiting is not helping them at all they are just constant and making me very miserably but thanks for your reply x

• Posted

Hello it's just me again just wondered if anyone would know how quick they look at results of 24 hour heart monitor I had it took off last Friday so can't count the weekend I wouldnt of thought ' it's now Wednesday and haven't heard anything the waiting is horendous I'm hoping it's been looked at and there's no rush to let me know ' thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.