palpitations shortness of breath

Posted , 15 users are following.

anyone experience palpitations shortness of breath and light headed. I've had tests and had ecg done all fine. every time it happens my health anxiety really kicks in and I worry about heart attack. I keep thinking well it's happened so many times before and I'm still alive but it doesn't stop anxiety. It drives me mad I seem to spend most of my life these days worrying about symptoms. I never have a day when I feel totally myself always something weird going on.

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there. I could be each one of the ladies who replied to you. I to ended up in A&E as I thought I was having a heart attack... I had a monitor on for 2 weeks and nothing. Its apart oflit and I find trying to relax . Walking, and being with a trusted person, friend or partner helps... Hang tight girl... CK

• Posted

Hi Vicky! I agree with Julie. Julie covered  alot of good information. So much information out there and with the changes you are experiencing it seems like overload.  I had all that! Heart palpitations 4 years ago! Heart dx what a doof! I aked him point blank if it was something to do with menopause and he said no.  Idiot! Yes its hormonal.   He wanted to put me on a beta blocker but the magnesium does just as good and it helps.  I didn't want to take the beta blockers. Cause that has side effects and wasn't necessary.  I was then put on ssri's at one point once again due to the extreme anxiety not understanding it was hormonal. The stupid er dx told me I had a chronic anxiety problem that needed medication and it was the tip of the iceburg.  Never it was menopausal.  They wanted to drug me up on zanex...thats another horror story.  Any way I was worse on all the ssri's and re started my low dose birth control pills that I stopped 8 months prior.  I have been like normal since.  So for now I am continuing my lutera and next year my gyn and I will relook at a hrt.  Its the levels going up and down and declining.  The birth control keeps it level.  And thank God cause I can't go through that again.  I am 54 and my blood work showed menopausal last June. But its a snap shot at the time so you need to get yourself educated as much as possible so that you can take some control over your care.  The dx's will put you and this and that and whatever.  I know now I will not have them putting me on anti-anxiety meds no way cause it was worse for me. Everyone is different.  Good luck!    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.