Palpitations that come back

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know this has been discussed before. I am 46 and am in post menopause at least thats what the blood test reavealed in December. 

I am getting tired of having palpitations at night, durring the day and when lying down. I just want them to go away. How long will these palpitations keep going on and will they ever stop. I have talked to my doctor about the biodentical progesterone pill made by the compound pharmacy, because when your progeterone is low that can cause palpitations. 

How long have you ladies suffered from palpitations. 

Fed up discustted moody and crying because of themsad

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

There are a lot of things that can cause palpitations. Did your doctor go over your symptoms and run a few test to see if the progesterone pill is what you need to take right now?

While it works great for me for other issues, my doctor is monitoring my progress during this whole "wonderful" time. I hope that your doctor is as well for you.

Progesterone does have a very sedating quality if you need it, that's why I take mine at bedtime. It really does put you to sleep, if that might be an issue for you as well. It does help with other issues so by all means, follow your doctor's advice to get yourself feeling better soon.

Annie xx

• Posted

Yes, it has been known to do so in some people. In fact, it's a subtle change but I went from the cream which also works well to the pill form and I am a bit more relaxed now that I think back about it.  I was pretty jumpy for a good part of beginning of last year and since adding the progesterone, especially lately, I am more even keel. Talk to your doctor and see if this might benefit you. 
    • Posted

I did she said she was going to talk to the compund pharmacy to order me a small dose of the natural pill but she must have forgotten just want to hide and crysad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.