Pancreatic cancer fear worried

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Since now 8 months i have stomach burning on and off but each day and could be for hours by day.

Had endoscopy all clear.

I also have left flank and back pain.

I had ct scan 8 months ago and blood test a lot all is clear but im so scared of pancreatic cancer.

My gi said no its nit possible cause i had ct scan 8 month ago and did not want to do another scan cause radiation but im sure have it.

Im scared crying...

Please someone tell me you had it and wad not cancer i need you really need your help.

Chris

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi chris , your blood test would have shown cancer anywhere in your body , plus the stomach GI CT scan test were clear !!!! Thank God you are good shape !!!! For the stomach burning .. Could be just from certain food intolerance . Change your diet plan a few weeks see if that helps .. No spicy foods or a lot of greasy food to start . Sometimes these certain foods can make your stomach lining raw , nothing serious ,just need to eat a little different and let it heal

• Posted

Also dont add acid fruits to your diet ... Do you smoke chris topher ?

• Posted

'your blood test would have shown cancer anywhere in your body'

That is simply not true! If only it was that easy!

• Posted

Explain please . Blood labs do show abnormalities which is cases of cancer

• Posted

Yeah sure, blood tests could show abnormalities which are being caused by cancer, however, someone could also have completely normal blood tests, but still have cancer.

A blood test is nowhere near a reliable test to rule out cancer ‘anywhere in your body’

To suggest cancer can be ruled out due to a clear blood test is absurd

• Posted

Blood test are made from drawing blood which comes from the cells of your body ,labs include checking these cells for cancer . Even a mole if cancerous can show up in your blood test . If you personally know of someone that has had cancer NOT show up in lab test ,then the lab didnt follow protocols

• Posted

Wow, amazing.

Make sure you let the top cancer doctors, scientists and indeed governments of the world know they are wasting their time and billions of $, £, € in screening/diagnosing cancer through imaging scans and other complex testing when a simple blood test will do the trick.

• Posted

Not smoking having burning stomach pain since 8 weeks back and left flank....

Doc do not want to do another ct cause radiation.

Im just crying crying and crying

• Posted

You are really helping with this debate at least vicky is trying to help with good word and solution

• Posted

Are you on any medication christopher ? Think back to when it started . Any new changes then ? Foods ? Meds ?

• Posted

Thank you christopher , yes im not here to argue , just like everyone on here trying to help

• Posted

All your scans are clear, your doctor has reassured you and the scans you have had are highly accurate. This is good news for you. Your doctor is the expert and would have referred you for more urgent tests had he been concerned. He has not done this. Instead, he has reassured you and given you reasons why you should not be worrying . He would not have said these things had he thought otherwise. Try believing and trusting your doctor and accepting your negative test results. Has yiur dictor suggested what your symptoms could indicate?Do you have bowel habit change and does your pain move about? Has IBS been mentioned? When all tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed. Worrying will make your symptoms worse. Try to stay as calm as possible. Write down all your worries and ask your doctor to disprove them one by one and listen to his explanations. I did this and it helped me. Telling my doctor about my worries got me diagnosed with IBS.

• Posted

My doc told me its fonctional but he did not know what it is.

Ibs probably not cause i have stomach pain et not belly pain plus i do not have releive when going to toilet.

I did scan 8 month ago maybe too soon...

• Posted

dyspepsia is a common issue for burning sensation in your stomach . Have you tried a baking and water mixture ? Or ginger tea ? Have you vomited with this condition , if so were there any show of blood ? It has been 8 months right ? So you would have other signs if it were cancer , like blood in your stool or black stool , do you ? Also you say there is no pain ? Did you know stress can also cause burning sensation in your stomach . Have you taken Gas X ? Try any of these i mention , see if it helps . But of course consult your doctor with any concerns , just to put your mind at ease

• Posted

Functional means that it is not a problem with the structure of the organ and so no scan will show it Since your doctor says it's functional, you should not worry. There are such conditions as functional dyspepsia. Ask your doctor about that. Multiple negative tests is good news for you. Worrying can cause a burning sensation in your stomach. That's how my burning stomach began. Try to relax!

• Posted

Christopher how is your bowel movements ? Do you burp a lot ? Do your burps smell ?

• Posted

My bowel is normal i mean once a day but soft and yes burp fart more also bad bitter taste in month but no heartburn doc said endoscopy ok

• Posted

Ok christopher will you do a test for me , drink a mixture of a glass of water and 1tsp of baking soda , tell me how long it takes you to burp

• Posted

This may sound strange to you but it is important

• Posted

With everything you have said christopher ,the bitter taste in your mouth set it off ... A Gallbladder disfunction . . Once a gall bladder builds up with excess gunk from foods it gives off gas causing burping and poots , ,,pain can be tolerated but sometimes can be worse . The bitter taste comes from the gases erosion . , its like a clogged toilet , .discuss this with your doctor ,he / she will run test , the worst scenario is , it may need to be removed , but you can live without it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.