Pancreatic cancer fear worried

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Since now 8 months i have stomach burning on and off but each day and could be for hours by day.

Had endoscopy all clear.

I also have left flank and back pain.

I had ct scan 8 months ago and blood test a lot all is clear but im so scared of pancreatic cancer.

My gi said no its nit possible cause i had ct scan 8 month ago and did not want to do another scan cause radiation but im sure have it.

Im scared crying...

Please someone tell me you had it and wad not cancer i need you really need your help.

Chris

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi christopher

When you had your blood tests did you tell your doctor of your concern about pancreatic cancer? If so, your doctor would have carried out a blood test to check for pancreatic enzyme levels. These enzymes are Lipase, Amylase, Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. If the levels of these enzymes are out of sync then your doctor would be concerned about your pancreas. So if these were tested and all came back fine, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Contact your surgery and inquire as to whether your Pancreatic Enzymes were tested.....you will make your symptoms worse by stressing try to relax and stop thinking the worse it will not help....best wishes..

• Posted

All test for pancreas was done lipase amylase biliuribin for ictere....

But some people have good result and bad stuff....

But i also did scan 8 month ago but scared was too soon and at least 5 times blood test in 8 months

• Posted

Hi christopher

If you had pancreatic cancer it would have become obvious by now after 8 months. My partner died of pancreatic cancer and symptoms became obvious very quicky. Most visual was the dramatic weight loss which left him looking skeletal. His blood tests showed the disease without doubt. You have to stop imagining you have PC. Going by your symptoms you have NOT got Pancreatic cancer it would be quite obvious by now to your doctor and others that you were suffering with such a disease...

• Posted

Im sorry for your husband but can i ask you what were his symptoms and on blood they saw it plus on scan also?in 8 months you thinks there gonnagonna be obvious?what is obvious?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi christopher

He ignored the symptoms for sometime. Symptoms were back pain, extreme fatigue and lethargy, could not eat had no appetite. bowel motions all over the place due to rarely eating. When he eventually went to the doctor he had lost a lot of weight by that time, blood tests came back with abnormal pancreatic enzymes and other abnormal tests like kidney and liver plus lung tests breathing was laboured . The cancer had started to metatacise by then. So from initial symptoms to diagnosis was approx 8 months to 1 year. If he had gone to doctor sooner, as he was being advised by everyone, it may not got as far as it did. It was pretty aggressive. Your blood tests are all clear . It's not just the pancreas that is affected it's other organs also and would most certainly show on the blood test results. You will worry yourself into becoming ill. You will have to stop being anxious. Have you checked foods you are consuming which may be the cause of the burning and pain that you have. Have you changed your diet to more bland eating and drinking habits...if not try doing it. I would say for the most part it is stress and anxiety causing your symptoms....try some relaxation techniques. I don't know how old you are but i would think not very old, you are probably much too young to be worrying about PC..

• Posted

I have stomach burning AND also BACK Pain like your husband.

I also have nausea.

You said he had this and had it for 8 month i also have this for 8 months.

Im 36 years old i had 5 blood test in 8 months and also a ct scan 8 month ago was clean but scared it was too soon.

I already eat well and lost lot of weight cause i need to due to fatty liver.

I lost 22 pound in 5 months cause i did not eat in morning eat normal at noon and evening salad and soup.ysoup.you think with is diet its normal?

Also can you tell me what kind of pain did he had was it like me burning on back more left and burning stomach?

When you said fatigue lethargy was he able to work?move?

Thanks for your answer really thanks

HHow old was he when was diagnosed?did he had ct scan also did they find it directly?

• Posted

I think you need to think about how insensitive you are being to Mary, who chose to share a painful experience with you in order to help you and make you feel better and you are just throwing it back in her face and making a mockery of a serious illness. Stop making her relive everything, it is horrible!

Of course you are going to lose weight if you skip a meal and all you have for dinner is soup and salad. You can also get acid reflux if you are on a diet, if you are anxious and if you are on antidepressants. The burning pain is excessive acid.

• Posted

Hi christopher

It is painful going through my partners demise with PC as moon 53540 has so kindly stated. The symptoms did not include burning pain. The whole scenario started from beginning to end with pain under left side of ribs liver area, was there for some time no digestive problems. Gradually pain went to upper back and was still at left side. Eventually started to throw up food and drink and could not keep it down so stopped eating no regular bowel movements was very dehydrated. No sleep extremely fatigued and weak. Couldn't do anything strenuous or even go for a walk. lost 2-3 stone by time saw doctor. The pain by then was everywhere, all over abdomen, back, legs arms really bad headaches and skeletal appearance. All these symptoms gradually presented over a time period of 8-10 months. Doctor admitted him to hospital PC confirmed then after a while transferred to a hospice. Altogether approx 1 year the whole thing.

You are missing out the most important meal of the day , breakfast!..as moon says just having soup and salad will cause weight loss and the burning sensation you get is acid reflux and pain in back is probably indigestion. It would be a good idea if you started eating properly obviously the soup and salads are causing your symptoms....listen to your doctors and to good advice, and stop going from day to day imagining you have an illness which just does not exist....

• Posted

Hi moon53540

Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.....best wishes...

• Posted

sorry meant to put tight side of ribs near liver....

• Posted

right side of ribs near liver...sorry!

• Posted

Hi christopher

hope you got the gist... the pain started right side under ribs near liver area and continued there when back pain began.

• Posted

Hi christopher

forgot to mention he was 63 years of age...

• Posted

I really know and im totally thanks Mary for her heph.

I know she really want to help me and me asking about it is horrible but imso scared of it.

I have a lot of pain in stomach back left flank nausea.... and what doctor tell me is i do not know what it is i saw 2 gi lots of er doc general doc....

I really thanks Mary and you too for helping me and trying to convince me its not that but im scared like crazing my wife stop speaking with me she does not want to speak about that my 3 years old need me and im nit here for him.

Im crying crying a lot going to google going to dr asking help to you guyz.

Really thank you.

• Posted

Stop wasting your money on medical bills if you have a 3 year old to look after. The more CTs you have, the more chance you have of getting cancer. The doctors are all telling you there is nothing seriously wrong with you. Take some nexium every day and take some alverine as directed and see how you get on. Eat regular healthy meals and look up a low acid diet and try that. Don't just think that reflux will go away after 2 weeks of trying something. You need to stick to something for a while before you see results sometimes. I have been on PPIs for years and I still get days of really painful reflux, because that happens sometimes.

I think you have been on this site before complaining of a weak heart, am I right?

• Posted

Mary, I have known a couple of people who have had lost their lives to PC and like you said it is very quick and very painful for the families they leave behind. It is lovely that you try and help, educate and comfort others with your experience.

• Posted

Hi christopher

You really need some cognitive therapy. Please go and see your doctor and ask to be referred to a therapist. You are obsessed with having PC. You need to do this for the sake of your family...and most of all for yourself!...

• Posted

Im seeing psycologist but its not working seeing her since 2 months at least.

Im scared cause all the pain i have on flank and back plus scared the ct scan i did 8 month ago was too soon.

• Posted

Hi christopher

If your symptoms were the same 8 months ago as they are now, how could it have possibly be too soon. If other symptoms have presented themselves and things have got much worse, then ask your doctor for another blood test and scan....but the doctor may be of the opinion it is too soon after the last tests and scan, but if your symptoms have got significantly worse since 8 months ago he may consider another test....

• Posted

All the doctor i asked i mean gi or general said no there is too much radiation to have it again and if there was sonething it had showed up on it.

I have same symptoms except nausea and the pain is not at the same place sometimes but i did blood test 2 weeks ago it was good but sometimes did not show up on blood test.

Only started loosing weight 5 weeks ago cause dietg i did so 7 months with the same weight and pain before was more intermittent now more frequent.

But with the answer you just wrote i pressume for you its possible for me to have it cause symptoms match right?

OnOne symptoms i have also is burping and farting more and my stool are more soft and liquid but gi said normal when i showed him.

What do you think please?

• Posted

the reason I asked is because you write as if English isn't your first language and I was wondering what type of health care you had in your country. I have heard the health care is good in Canada. You need to trust your doctors.

Your excessive wind comes from reflux and IBS, I think that is what everyone thinks you have. Your soft stool also can be from IBS, you don't have to have constipation in order to have IBS by the way. The fact you are just eating soup and salad is also likely to give you soft stools.

• Posted

Hi christopher

I do not think you have it!..your symptoms do not match PC more likened to IBS. You need to change your diet. Your anxiety and diet = your symptoms..

• Posted

I only on diet since 5 weeks since the found fatty liver on ultrasound but my symptoms are from 8 months.

But with ibs you do not have stomach pain and left pain.

Im scared i have these pain since 8 month but now lot of back pain near shoulders blade in the middle.

• Posted

With IBS, you most certainly get abdominal/stomach pain which is commonly felt on the left side and which can move about! Abdominal pain is a major symptom of IBS. Many people with IBS will tell you this. You can get back pain due to the lower portion of your bowel wrapping around the base of your spine. IBS flare ups can last hours, days,weeks and even months. The more you stress about your symptoms, the longer your flare ups will be. Try not to fixate on the length of time you have had symptoms. Try not to compare your symptoms with others because everyone is different. This is true of IBS. Shoulder blade pain can occur with gastritis or gallbladder trouble.

Go back to your doctor and ask about the conditions I have mentioned and ask to be referred for therapy to address your health anxiety, You say the therapy didn't work before. However, you will need to persevere with it for many weeks or months to judge whether it is helping. Don't give up on it too quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.