pancreatitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

My daughter is in hospital with her second attack over 2 years she would have a light beer every now and then socially which she enjoyed nowthe Dr has now told her she can't even have a sip and can never have any fat either she is a nice size 10 and never been a big drinker she works out so sad for her. She had a kidney out about 6 years ago because she had a big growth around it. You would think there would be a tabket she could take for it.

Wendy sad mum

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been adjusting to life with chronic calcific pancreatitis for over two years now. its such a struggle to find a balance with pain killers etc trying to out weigh side effects without having to take another tablet to conteract the effects of the first.I have lost a vast amount of weight and am finding it virtually impossible to put it back on too. Then in november i was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic and now have to inject insulin 4 times a day!!! Its dealing with the randomness of attacks too no warning no reason just bang and there you are in hospital again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.