Panic attacks

Posted , 12 users are following.

Recently diagnosed after a summer from hell.  Lost 30 pounds from an already thin frame and horrible panic attacks even though a 46 year old with no history and a great life.  Doc thinks it may be because the stomache pain makes me hyperventilate    Anyone else with this issue

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I never suffered from panic attacks during a DD crisis. My daughter is an RN and advised not to attempt to "gut out" or work through the pain on my own, but instead to take a 500 mg Tylenol. She said it's harmful to let your body be in pain unnecessarily, can make the heart race, BP go up, etc. So, I took the pain med and that seemed to help me through it all.

• Posted

The pain makes me panic . The only thing I can suggest is to do

slow , deep breathing or try to get involved in anything that helps to

take your mind off the pain . I'm going through it right now and feel

exhausted by the pain and trying not to panic !!

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.