Panic symptoms while/before pooping

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi folks,

i Hope you all are doing Great, i have never been diagnosed of ibs but i thought its Best to ask my question here, lately ive had

this weird experience where i feel panicky and had racing hearts before/while pooping.. has anyone experienced it before? i had a history of panic attacks and i believe i have already overcome it but this thing is just so weird and i dont feel like a normal person when this happens. i had cardio tests not too Long ago and all came back normal.. does anyone have an idea what to do?

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

are your bowel movements normal otherwise? i would get a stool test or two first to rule out parasites...

• Posted

may i also know if u have a history of palpitation? i had pvc/ectopic heartbeats episodes before but thank goodness its seems to be gone as well.

• Posted

is that question for me? if so, yes! i went through a period of extra beats it was so awful and scary, lasted for 6 mths. that was a few years ago. i get the osd one now and then but seems to be gone. they never found a cause. strange as ive had a lot of weird health issues in last couple yrs with no clear cause!

• Edited

This just started for me a week or so ago. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, panic attacks and depression...so i know that has something to do with it as i noticed a lot of responses have similar issues.

but, like all of you, im sitting at work, and all the sudden my body gets that combo tingly feeling, and i feel a rush downward, and my legs feel warm and sometimes i get flutters in my heart, hot flashes, panic, etc.

And sure enough i have to use the bathroom. Once im done, im feeling fine again.

It has freaked me out a bit, so a few days ago, i went to the ER when it happened twice in two days, they checked, confirmed heart is fine, lungs are fine, bloodwork fine, blood pressure normal, etc...

As an aside, i had a massive panic attack issue back in feb of this year and thought it was a heart attack, they did a complete test , scans, mri, ct, bubble ct, and all the usual, docs all said the same, no blockages, no clots, no issues with your main organs, but they were concerned over my mental state and held me for a 72 hours and presribed meds, im running out of the meds, i dont have insurance, so i cant see the shrink again, to get more meds to go back on a regular schedule, so im only taking partial meds.

But i have also seen so much about the vagus nerve connection too, i had a phone call from my ex last week, and within a half hour, experienced this issue for the first time, so i think there was a trigger there....

• Posted

Has anyone found any remedy for this? This happened to me for the first time while I had Covid (a super mild case of Covid). Scared me enough that I called an ambulance as I felt I like I couldn’t breath. 7 months later im just about positive Covid caused some Vegus nerve damage/and or the virus proteins are bound to it.

Went through half of January feeling perfect, and then it came back. It freaked me out at first. While I don’t consider myself an anxious person, or a worry wort, feeling like I’m unable to breath, heart rate increasing, etc was different. I had one really bad night with breathing, that the next day I went to the gym, and ran as hard as I could for as long as I could on the treadmill to see if I’d drop. Once I didn’t, it made me feel better knowing whatever it was, wasn’t too serious. Dr kept trying to give me anxiety meds. I fought it to the point that I kinda yelled at her, and I think that’s when she got the point. In hindsight I do believe these sensations caused a few panic attacks when they were new to me. Heart test, lung test, all good.

The breathing loop test did show something that pointed me to an ENT. Turns out I had slight vocal cord paralysis (LRPD), and (LPR) Laryngopharyngeal reflux. That does explain the throat tightness. What it doesn’t explain is the sensation of that happening right before a bowel movement.

Fast forward 7 months, I’m in the gym 5-6 days per week. It was a catalyst for me to get back into the gym - being able to work out reminds me that I’m healthy, and that whatever this is will eventually go away. Now that I know what I’m dealing with, I’m fine - it’s just VERY annoying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.