Panick attacks how do you cope with it

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been having a lot of panick attacks lately and I'm on difrent tablets have been for coming up to 4 weeks now and I seem to have more panick attacks sins then I just would like some tips on how to cope as I have a birthday party coming up soon and really don't want to panick at the party I'm A quiet person and don't like a fuss has anyone fainted when been panicking thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Look up guided meditations on YouTube they even have them for anxiety
  • Posted

The medications should be effective about now. Anicipatory anxiety is a build up of massive negative thoughts. Picture yourself calm and enjoying the party. Say aloud or to the mirror you are going to have a great time at the party. Do not even one time allow the worry or the thought that you will become anxious. You wont.myour going to be calm and wnjoy the party. It is that easy. And learn proper breathing if you do not know it. 
  • Posted

Pick a certain time of the day where you don't try to fight the anxiety, but rather embrace it. See how it makes you feel and tell yourself it is just anxiety and that it can't hurt you. Try this for at least 3 days even though it will be scary and hard at first!
  • Posted

Pick a certain time of the day where you don't try to fight the anxiety, but rather embrace it. See how it makes you feel and tell yourself it is just anxiety and that it can't hurt you. Try this for at least 3 days even though it will be scary and hard at first!
  • Posted

I have fainted. I will say it is not a scary feeling but the idea of that occurring in oublic is a bit embarrassing but no one would leave you in the floor. Thy would call an ambulance. It would be a drop in blood pressure that does that. I know a few that have bu there are tricks to stop that. Drink an entire bottle or 32oz. gatorade before you go so all your electrolytes are balanced. Maybe have that with a small bag of salty chips. That should hold you blood pressure and your body in balance. Don stand with your legs all stiff or in one place too long, move about or be seated? You can not faint laying on your left side. My doc had th same as me when i was younger and she used to tell me her experincs with it and her treatment was a small bag of chips with a gatorade. It was a great idea and i have taught it to my daughter as well. Its diagnoses as vasovagel syncopy and you would know if you have it. The tendency to dehydrate easily is there and low blood pressure on a normal day. I have normal blood pressure now. Anyway otherwise peole dont faint from what i have read.
    • Posted

Thank you but when I sit it gets worse and I just don't fell right at all and I'm so so scared of fainting I think it's bad and I think of the worse thing and that there's going to be keep kids there and that's what worries me the most
    • Posted

Hi did you fell very hot and very dizzy and had a bad pain in your chest before you fainted when I get panicky I always say to my partner I'm not felling right and I have to get a drink or its anything sweet coz my body tells me that I need to eat or drink somethings sweet I don't know if everyone else gets that feeling but I do and I also shake uncontrollably too when I'm panicking I just wish it would do one I just want to be me again I just don't fell right and I'm getting worse but I want to get better thanks for the tip
    • Posted

You feel really weird, depersonalized, then a warming sensation throught your body and faint. I do know it is very important to stay hydrated at all times and grab a bag if chips if need be. I dont crave sweets but the body tends to know what it wants or needs most of th time.i get vey shaky wih anxiety always. Its all just really horrible to be honest.it is like being robbed of enjoying life. I have good weeks too. Right now not one of them.i over worry when im ill and feel traumatized at times because im just so annoyed and disgusted with his whole panic disorder. I really have teied everything i could think of and i do have weeks, even months of being okay. Its when i get ill it just lerks and waits. I cant take many of the meds, i gave up with that. I pray honestly and listen to radio and such. Its peaks and valleys on a crooked road and that is true and it comforts me because im in a valley i guess right now and hoping to awaken to a peak and feel good. For anyone who never experienced this they are truely blessed. I have heard of a few that fixed themselves, they usually end up as inspirational speakers and authors on the subject. One book made sense the author said i know what to do, i get it and teach it but i need my sub concious to absorb it now so it all clicks. Sometimes thats how i feel. I search for the answers and am open minded. Your chest pain could be reflux when your stressed it messes digestion up.
    • Posted

I understand how you feel. You need to non stop tell yours

f you will be fine. Xanax is great for these moments.

• Posted

anxiety can only be helped when you educate yourself about anxiety!! its better to know whats happening or what the problem is so that you understand everything then you can have a better overlook on what anxiety is? you will immediately feel less tense and fearfull because you feel more in control trust me i know ..CBT is the best way to educate yourself it can provide all the information you need and the methods which you can use to prevent anxiety from occuring too much its not just the CBT which helps its the knowledge and the fact you have learnt about the condition it canvation to  reassure you because it pinpionts primary worries which you have on a day to day basis then because you feel like your getting somewere it gives you more motivation to get better because afterall anxiety is a fear response so basically its scaring us if we can understand it by learning we can develop other skills to combat anxiety i just thought id write this as its very useful info
  • Posted

How was the party?
    • Posted

Hi the party is next Saturday I will up date and let you all now how it went I was going to as my doctor if he would give me Xanax just to help calm me down has anyone had this drug before and dose it help
    • Posted

My grandma has it for her anxiety and says it really helps her! She takes .5 mg but sometimes splits it in half.
    • Posted

Absoluteky xanax, only as needed, on occasion because its addicting, but for a party, will absolutely work.only only use once in a while but for a party, or big event kind of thing it turns everything off. Always fo with the lowest dose first. You will love it but it cant be used daily its way too addicting. You will have zero anxiety on it and will be a le to be fine at the party.
    • Posted

Thanks Hun I'll see if the doctor will give it to me I think my doctor will but not get my hopes up as you know what doctors are like you get good ones and bad ones thanks for the information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.