Panicking about my hospital test

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I am due to have an ECG exercise stress test this morning, and I am panicking and really dont want to go. I dont have to have aheart problem, its just too much to cope with as well as everything else. I was pretty sure I just had a chest infection, but I did get some back pain and felt a bit winded yesterday when cleaning and hoovering.  I dont even know whats normal enymore or not. I just know that I couldnt really cope with bad news. I'd end up paranoid about doing any exercise or aerobic activity or doing anything which might stress me.  

I know I'm being stupid. My aunt have had angina for nearly forty years and is 91, so I know people can be Ok with it.  I'm just am active sort of person, and I dont want that to have to stop.

I know this isnt directly menopause related, but I have had quite a few health checks in the last year or so, after the menopause set in and I'm fed up with my dr sending me for them!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Congratulations, you've managed to live long enought to possibly have health problems. It's best to go have the test. I had one, I have panic attacks and the docs at ER weren't sure if the chest pain was ht attack or panic attack. ugh   The test showed I had some blockage, doc advised me to exercise, lose wt..... Needless to say, I now take my anxiety meds daily! And, if there is a problem, probably soon enough that a noninvasive therapy can be used. Relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.