Paralyzed with fear every day.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Why do I feel that  that inside my head is shaking?.I get so very scared because there is no one with me and I live in fear of passing out at any moment?

i look at myself and am convinced that I am seriously ill and that no one is around to be of support of help..I am 72. and think that every day will be my last.The only time my thoughts do not overtake me is when I am asleep.

it does not matter where I am or what I am doingI just do  do not feel safe and have no faith in the doctors,but my main problem is that Inhave no one to turn to in an emergency.It terrifies me every day.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Wendl

So sorry you feel this way. First of all the what I always call "inside shaking" is realy common symptom of anxiety.  I can feel my whole body shaking inside sometimes.  You obivously are suffering badly from anxiety, that feeling of not being safe etc is an awful feeling to have I know.  If you don't feel comfortable seeing your own doctor is there anyone else you can try?  I changed my GP surgery to one 3 miles away because it was better.  Is there a friend or family member you can confide in?  

• Posted

Thank you so much for your  message.

I do not have many friends who understand how I feel and when it comes to family ,my uncle and his wife are in The US and they are elderly.

My doctors put everything down to anxiety and consequently,I think that they do not look for any underlying illness which I am positive I have,even though the tests they have done come back normal.The main problem is that at this age it is no good to live alone especially as I had company for most of my life.

I would  go out more if only I felt well,but get too scared to go too far.

• Posted

I feel exactly the same except I'm 20 years old. I'm so depressed with these feelings right now. It's overwhelming. I have no one to turn to, I have no friends because I've isolated myself for so long. I'm terrified of death and dying and I believe that everyday is my last. I'm basically just waiting to die.

I'm so sorry that you feel this way too, I wish that nobody ever feels like this. It is so horrible and I really hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thank you for replying.

I think that the fact that I live completly alone after sixty years of family and companions plays a major factor in all this insecurity and fear that Iam alone and basically seem to be unable to fend for myself by this time..My confidence has flown out the window snd at this age,we must be VERY careful who we let into our lives with total trust..This dilemmer  is ruining my health.

• Posted

Dear Wendi.

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling.

I have been suffering the same now fo a long time, however, it has become so out of conrol over the part few months alongsid a health scare.

I am a little younger than you but I have got worse since I have become older.

My thoughts are with you.

I have been seeking the support of a GP and I am hoping to start CBT Therapy which I hope will help me deal with this.

• Posted

Hi justine i too am 20 and and have a great fear of death i also fear getting cancer and other life threatening illnesses, it really drains me and i feel physically and mentally tired all the time due to this constant worry i have, i find myself searching google my symptoms and i have an obsession with checking my body for changes i also have a daughter and am currently pregnant with my second ans since becoming pregnant my anxiety has spirled out of control and it really does interfere with my daily life, i also worry abiut my daughter health and find myself checking her body for changes too, i cant give you much advice as im trying to overcome this myself but just wanted you to no that your not alone with this xx
    • Posted

You need to stop checking your kids body. That is so wrong. Get help before you make her as anxIous as you

• Posted

It's horrible isn't it? I have my good days and my bad days. But good days are like a luxury lol. I get by though somehow

I agree with maisiemarie though, you do need to stop checking your daughters body for changes as you could eventually make her anxious too.

I grew up in a family who talk about symptoms and self diagnose themselves all the time. For instance my mother always talks about certain symptoms she is experiencing and saying she thinks it's this, this and that. And she did sometimes point out that my glands were swollen or my arm was red etc. Which oanicked me and I believe that is a factor of why I've turned out how I have

Take care and hope you feel better soon xxx

• Posted

Hi Wendl,

I am sorry to hear this. Do you not have any support network?

Nothing in the local community for older people? I would contact something like age UK or silver line. I think it's important for everyone to have some sort of support network especially older people.

It's your anxiety that makes you not trust doctors but you obviously do need some therapeutic help. Remember though anxiety fools and frightens us we feed it our scared thoughts and it physically responds with more adrenaline and stress hormones which makes us feel more horrible and creating more fear and tension and the cycle continues. There are soo ooo many physical symptoms and as we spend so much time preoccupied with the way we feel we are constantly hyper vigalent looking for them.....I'm finding mindfulness techniques very useful and the great works of Dr Claire weekes who I personally think has written the best help and understanding of anxiety conditions ever. Sending you warm wishes Fran xx

• Posted

Hello Wendl i am sorry your feeling this way. Have you thought about contacting Age concern in your area. They may be able to support you in some way or another. I know they have things like lunch clubs and coffee mornings. I don't know much about them but i am sure there is support for you. Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Elizabeth 

• Posted

Hello Wendl,

I am so sorry that you feel so alone and afraid. Can I suggest that you look into Silver Line? You may have heard of them - their 24 hour helpline on 08004708090. ( It's a confidential helpline for older people started by Esther Rantzen) You can contact them from your own home.  They may be able to offer you some support and advice to make you feel stronger and able to enjoy your life again. I wish you all the best

• Posted

My last reply is waiting to be moderated for some reason Wendl. I was saying pretty much the same as Elizabeth about contacting Age UK and Silver line. I know you don't trust doctors but that is your anxiety they are the only people we have got to go to when unwell. You need to think past that and go and see one.....You need the anxiety state explained how it's mostly all adrenaline and how scary that makes as feel fuelling thoughts that feed the adrenaline response and so on. I've been looking into mindfulness, cbt and taking a low level anti depressant again. As well as reading the books of Dr Claire weekes who explains a d understands nervous illness in my opinion better than others I have read. Take care. Fran
  • Posted

Hi wendi I am so sorry you are feeling this way death and loneliness is my biggest fear I don't think your age is why you are thinking like this I started to feel like this as a child and again when I had my first child and then again when my husband worked abroad and again when my children left home... I know now this has always been when my life has changed with me it's not loneliness because when the children and my husband come home I still feel the same way I am currently undertaking edrms therapy it quite new and has 96Per cent success rate I think it's a different approach to cbt I am finding it very helpful I do have many bad days but I am able to get on with my life a lot more now than before...the more I do sometimes the more anxious I become because I am out of my comfort zone but it passes.... Have you got a crisis team to call in your area I found them I great comfort to me alternatively mind are also very helpful

take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for your message.When I think back I have been fearful since early childhood,especially about doctors.

i have no children and consequently no grandchildren,which makes me feel that I have missed out on so much,althoughin the past I did not regret having no children.

There are many things in my area that I could be busy with,but my main problem is the constant worry I have concerning my health.

if I watch a series on TV  I find myself thinking that maybe I won't  be around for the next instalment.It sounds ridiculous ,but I seriously worry that way EVERY day.It is mentally exhausting because I get such morbid thoughts.

i started CBT but it really did not help me,but I have heard of edms and will look into it.Thank you again for the support and suggestions.

• Posted

hi wendi I hope you are okay reagent is good but only piece of the jigsaw puzzle the more things you can do the less you will feel like this the anxiety is holding onto your morbid thoughts just by going for a simple walk  may calm you or picking up the phone and talking to someone do something you used to like doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.