70-74.         66.                55-77

75-79.         62.                51-73

80-84.         64.                 50-78

Over 85.     59                  45-73

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry, they are still reviewing part one to decide if they will accept the posting.
  • Posted

Fran,

Arethese the normal eGFR ranges for men? Where did you find this information?

Marj

• Posted

Marj, I think that is why they are holding up the first comment I made, I included the site. These numbers are for healthy people, 18-90 years of age. No high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular or renal disease. They had all the ages but I only copied some. My hands hurt really bad today so I didn't want to type them all. I figured I would give the site but I think that's what messed up my post. I hope they desire to put it up.

• Posted

Just everyone remember those numbers are for a person with TWO kidneys.  
    • Posted

I answered your post but it's not up. Yes, 2 kidney healthy people. I hope they most it because it's an awesome paper on a study done on 1660 males, 2072 females,869 of those were male and females over 65.

• Posted

Just posted the numbers for women and they put up the one I re-typed.
  • Posted

Are we not allowed to give sites?
    • Posted

I'm not sure on posting like to other sites. But if you give the authors' names and publication date I can probably find the study.

Marj

• Posted

JFM Wetzels LALM Kiemeney, DW Swinkels, HL Willens, M. den Heijer

Authors

• Posted

Age-and gender- specific reference values of estimated GFR in Caucasians: The Nijmegen Biomedical

Tittle

• Posted

I found it by typing NORMAL GFR BY AGE in the bar, you know what I mean.
    • Posted

Okey, thanks, Fran. I had found that article when looking after your initial post.

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.