75-79.         62.                51-73

80-84.         64.                 50-78

Over 85.     59                  45-73

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Fran

Do you know what the highest gfr you could expect to get with a single kidney? I have a single kidney and partially working kidney due to interstitial nephritis caused by a rare allergic reaction to antibiotics.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Martin, 

I haven't looked for those numbers yet but Rick might know the answer. Hopefully he'll come along and give you some information. In the meantime I'll see if I can find something. Having another bad day so I'll do what I can.

• Posted

Martin,

I found an article that may have your answer, I can't access it because my tablet won't support the PDF. Not having very good days so I can't go up the stairs to use the computer.  It is called: Life with a Single Kidney fact sheet, on the site: KidneyDOTorg  au.        

It mentions a single kidney MAY get 75%. Can't read the rest, have to download it but as I stated I'm unable. Sorry I can't do more to help you at this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.