Particular time of struggle?

Posted , 7 users are following.

It is very evident that I struggle with severe anxiety from about 2 o'clock to 5pm....(its 5 somewhere sad 

I am out of my skin during that time and always have been while sober...I think it is because my brain is trained to start drinking after work...for years and years....I got out about 3 ....and got to the store about 3:15.....

I'm always anxious..but more so during that time frame...I try to distract myself...and it is a horribly uncomfortable period of time for me.

I just took a deep breath and then I looked at the clock and it is almost 5 here (10 of)...which sparked me to write this.

Do you have certain times when you really struggle to stay away from your drink or drug?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I feel the same too I hate it.
    • Posted

Hmm...I thought because I have a very "unchangeable" or hard to change personality...it was just me.....sorry Kate..

• Posted

Hi Missy, I dont know.Some of it may be born of old habits. I wasn' a huge drinker, but I did have a drinking problem,so it could just have been a little bit of both.  I am also having a hard time replying on this site lately. Things keep getting hung up or disappear.

• Posted

Dear misssy. I wrote you a reply twice but both disappeared. So will keep trying. How many hours are you behind uk? X
    • Posted

Hi paper...I know how frustrating writing a reply to dissapear is...I'm hoping it doesn't do it to me all the time!

Good to see you xo

• Posted

And I don't know our time seperation it is currently 8pm here.

• Posted

It's 12.45 here and I really should go to bed soon. I'm so depressed at the mo. Talked to alonangel who helped me but fhs I'm major depressed. Im coming down from 50 mg seroxat( Paxil in us) been on it for 20 years on and off. I'm down to 30, 20 tomorrow. Wow it's not as bad as after a binge but like day 3 after a binge and you don't improve. No appetite, no energy to do anything, Feel like I've spent nearly 12 months in bed. Long story. It's hell X 

• Posted

Yes, go to rest....I'm also coming off an antidepressent...and I think it is also making my insomnia worse...which makes drinking very attractive.

NO...I'm not going to do it...just saying.

• Posted

Where do you live in USA ? Though understand if you'd rather not say x

• Posted

yes, actually the smallest state in the Union...Rhode Island.
  • Posted

I would love to talk to you misssy but my old iPad or this site keeps blocking Me
    • Posted

paper!  Have ADE help you figure out how to communicate with us again MISS YOU!
    • Posted

Hi quite a few seem to be having problems like me. Also thinks my iPad tooxx hope you're ok xx

• Posted

It takes me ages to type a msg - one ltr at a time dont know why!!
  • Posted

I struggle most just before a meal, while preparing a meal and when arriving home from somewhere. My drinking was always associated with getting home from work and starting to prepare food.
    • Posted

Yes, that is it...our habits....funny you didn't say after a meal....cause after a meal we are FIXED.

?That hungry angry lonely tired theroy.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.