Partners during recovery

Posted , 7 users are following.

My husband just three me an emotional curve ball. He asked if I thought it was ok he go away for a few days to see an air show.... 4 days after my triple rectocele surgery!!!!! I'm so upset he even CONSIDERED this. He promised to help care for me. Thoughts?

3 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is money required for surgery or for help with recovery? If someone can't afford necessary surgery that's really scary. I'm in Australia I'm not sure where she is ....

• Posted

I'm not asking here thanks tho.

Pls read my reply above to Welsh67

I feel yes she is judging me but hey so is my Milaw so clearly it's not a simple issue to some. I ran a daycare out of my home for 10 years and self employed not entitled to EI/UI; no workers comp.

I am literally without income for my recovery period. Incidentally I raised enough to help a bit so clearly others are just fine with the idea. My husband hopes to get OT this summer.

• Posted

I need to.pay my half of monthly expenses for our family of4 I one other most expensive cities in Canada. My husband's government job gives us extended benefits so I pay nothing for general medical; dental; optical; and most of secondary alternative practices including therapeutic massage; chiropractic care; counselling; etc.

Does not cover living expenaes. As a self employed daycare provider I have no EI and no personal insurance so for 3+ months my family is short half of the income we normally have, already living paycheque to paycheque.

I hope that answers things.

Oh...pls read my update.

• Posted

Update: the Air show asking hubby was so mad at his mom he called her and let her know it's not about her and he explained social media crowd funding and that she should have spoken to me directly and.not post on my pages publicly. Her idea of apologizing was via text and saying we should agree to disagree. Ugh.

• Posted

Hi DLionMomma!

See your hubby is a good guy...he just did not know how serious the surgery is. I mean he stood up to his mom on your behalf. And, heck, we did not even know until after the fact just how hard this recovery is mentally and physically!! I always say we should give our hubbies the benefit of the doubt! After all, we picked them to be our husbands so they are bound to have more good qualities than not❤️

Take care of yourself, DLionMomma!

• Posted

My husband and son both work full time. Hubby is a cop and they gave him 8 days carers leave in case he needed to be home with me. My son works in Melbourne about 30km from our house. Both of them went to great lengths to prepare for my surgery. I came home to all the housework done and both of them cannot do enough for me. My husband has been able to go to work each day as I am doing fine. I just ask him to do a couple of things for me in the morning and also at night, like emptying bins, cat litter, anything that required heavy lifting, pushing and pulling. My son makes me coffee and even told me that I do so much for them. 

Sorry but your husband is being a complete dick! If he wanted to do this any other time, it would probably be acceptable, but I can guarantee that if the shoe was on the other foot, he would expect you to help him. To be honest, I work as a Nanny and some of the husbands I have encountered can be real pigs when it comes to their wives having medical issues. What would happen if you said "no" to him going?

• Posted

I do think he should definitely not go.

Whilst it’s lovely that friends and family are willing to help, the bulk of the support should come from your husband.

The idea that he’s off having some “me time” while his wife’s recovering from surgery is a bit crazy.

• Posted

I said noon no uncertain terms and explained that I was frankly disappointed he asked... and also presuming my mom and j would be okay with it was hurtful...but also that he didn't fully understand how much help I would need that 1st week... he was apologetic and really assumed my mom and daughters would ave had everything under control. Anyhow..

Lesson learned. Thanks for the support! 😍

• Posted

Update:

My Dad passed away in April just shy of his 76th birthday. Unbeknownst to me he left a will.amd a small life insurance policy to split with my brothers and his ex wife (2nd wife, not our mom). So.... I took my gofundme down because he left enough for me to cover my expenses for our family. Strange how some sad things have silver lining.

• Posted

I'm sure he would be very pleased that he could help you and ur family when u needed it most 🧡

• Posted

Yes it is strange how things work out, tho I’m sure your Dad would have preferred the money be spent on at least a small treat or two, but needs must, at least you’re sorted for paying the bills x
    • Posted

Oh DLionMomma,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss  of your dad. It is never a good time to lose those we love. Praying God gives you peace and comfort and complete healing  as well. You are right about the silver lining in such a sad time and do Imagine you would much rather have your dad. But since that cannot be, I imagine your dad would be happy to know he was able to help you in your time of need. Hugs and prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.