past perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, have any of you got past perimenopause and feel better us ladies having a bad time would love to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ues karen

Great post I too would love to hear from someone on the other side lol.

Im still peri and suffering so this post is great to cheer us all up x

• Posted

Hi michelle, we are all suffering but would like to hear the good side of getting over the horrible time i need cheering up, im sitting typing feeling off balance , headache,mad and need to take dog for a walk , poor things 16 blind and deaf but he knows where his lead is ha ha ,wish he new how ruff i feel sorry feel crap but had to laugh. come on ladies we need cheering up

• Posted

Dear Karen

I went in surgical menopause after having ovaries out, i dont want to speak too soon but the nausea and headaches have gone, still waking up once or twice in the night with a little sweat, i dont seem to be having that many hot flashes in the day though as i did before. Noticing abit more weight on middle but it doesn't help picking food, that seems to have got worse. Had a wierd panic feeling the other week out of the blue but hopefully that is it but i dont want to speak too soon! X

• Posted

Hi pinkcatfairy, hope you get some sort of resolve from this i keep recue remedy sweets in my bag, near my bed, in the kitchen my hubby just laughs at me and says you have it sorted , when i have a panic moment out comes the tin they take 5 mins to work  if not try the spray,Now the eating thing and putting on weight in middle i drink white tea when i get the urge seems to stop the hunger ,it might help you to we are all different      good luck
    • Posted

Dear Karen thank you for that information, i used to drink white tea, got some green in the cuboard, i must also have some willpower! I do go swimming but that is only effective if i watch what i eat! I will try the rescue remedy thanks! X
    • Posted

Thank you but to be honest im not feeling that bad really, the worst part of peri for me was the nausea and gastitis that followed so anything now doesnt seem that bad i rather wake up in the night and have the odd flash than have anything digestive going on x
    • Posted

Hi ladies hope we're not all having too bad a day today,could i ask what are rescue remedy sweets im pretty new to all this and so glad i found this site confirming I'm not going mental after all my worst symptoms feeling off balance and jittery,guessing this is down to anxiety the most awful thing i have experienced so far as if us women dont go through enough pffft lol.

Deb x

• Posted

Available from Boots, supermarkets etc. Bach's rescue remedy, in a yellow tin or with a yellow label on a bottle. Natural calming herbal remedy......I wouldn't be without mine! 
    • Posted

Oh thankyou pam for your reply i must get some of these anythi gs worth a try through this hell lol xx
  • Posted

Thats a great question Karen I would like to hear from anybody too who has post menopause and feels better with out any symptoms of stomach discomfort, nose bleeds, anxieties, heart rate racing, blood pressure high, sugar levels spikes and lows 

Please if you are post menopause and are not having any symptoms please let us know what to do about ours 

• Posted

Rescue remedy.......oh yes! I can better where you keep yours.......I love gardening and my gardening jogging bottoms av no pockets.....so my rescue remedy is either down my bra or down front of my knickers. Like you, I've got bottles, sprays, lozenges ready whenever/wherever lol! Always prepared! My worst time is between 4am - 6am when I wake suddenly with anxiety.....AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. Luckily I've now finished work, even though I'm only 56, so I can lie in if I want to.......unless anxiety kicks in again! It makes me feel very nauseous - it's like having morning sickness without being pregnant! I started on evorel conti HRT patches nearly 8 weeks ago but not sure whether they are too strong or not strong enough. One of my problems is loss of appetite and funny tum (if you get my meaning!) and I've lost 9lbs in 8 weeks so am seeing consultant this Thursday to see what he suggests, but my hot sweats disappeared within a week of starting HRT. Crickey, it's such merry go round isn't it. Oh, to feel normal again! 
    • Posted

Hi pam u are so on the same track as me , im 53 and been having these horrible feelings since 36 but really bad this last year , just started to eat snack meals instead of normal meals seems to help with sickness feeling my problem is feeling drunk all the time ( i dont drink ) i am at point where im going to give up work ie means hard times ahead  but in the end we will get there. good luck 

karen x

• Posted

It is awful isn't it. I think I've been suffering with strange symptoms since 2009.....when I had symptoms as if I was on a boat and sea sick. I've taken menopace plus since then. In March this year I had new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea (the bit behind it) and my recovery has been slow due to muscle wastage. Then in July menopause symptoms went into overdrive. GP wanted to prescribe antidepressants, but I knew I was "menopause" depressed not "depression" depressed, so went to see a gynecology consultant who gave me evorel conti patches. I had a month of feeling a bit better, but then my beloved cat got killed and it tipped me over the edge. This is all so unusual for me as I'm usually a very confident, happy go lucky person and all this has frightened the life out of me. I'd also been on sick leave because of my knee since March, 30 years at the same place, but they couldn't see fit to me doing reduced hours, so I decided to retire, so again something else I didn't expect.

I did say to consultant that it seems as if someone has taken my lovely life I had before and given me this horrible one.......and I don't like it.

But, this is what I've got and I've got to deal with it......and I know there are people far worse off than me.....but it doesn't feel like it when the anxiety kicks in in the early hours! Everything scares me some days......driving, shopping, looking after my two year old granddaughter.....and all at a time when my wonderful hubby and I should be out enjoying life. What I would do without my hubby I do not know, he's been an absolute star, and when(!) I return to normal I'm so going to make it up to him big-time!  

I live in Derbyshire, where are you?

• Posted

Hi pam, you have been to hell and back like me, i often say the same where did my life go, the worse part of this is i have a child with learning problems that is living in supported living in a town near me cambridge she is 34 but has the mental age of 5 she is so sweet bless her.I havent the energy to visit her very often i cant cope i only go to see her when i have good day ,the last time i saw her was in september ,she gets so upset because she misses us but its to much , i hope i get better soon like you i will make it up to the people that care about me.Im lucky to i have great husband and family feel for the people that dont, my boys are 25 and 22  i couldnt cope at the moment with young ones i take my hat off to you with a grand child, chin up and enjoy the best you can.

take care   karen x

• Posted

My wish is to be able to look after my granddaughter on my own, as at the moment she only comes when hubby is here as I can't run about after her, she's too quick!  I know it's wishing life away but hopefully 2016 will be better for all of us posting on this forum.......or any other forum on here.

If it wasn't for reading about the experiences of others, you'd think you were the only one in the world feeling like this. This menopause forum (and the knee forum) has kept me sane on more than one occasion in the last 8 months! My very best wishes to you X 

• Posted

Pam you sound a great mum and gran so you need a bit of help with the grand child thats ok , anyway its more fun when there are more people around to play with ha ha all the best  karen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.