past perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, have any of you got past perimenopause and feel better us ladies having a bad time would love to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

I am 4 months post meno.  There is light at the end of the tunnel but it is slow going, for me anyway.  I do feel 80% better than this time just over 2 years ago when my body went haywire...I started with horrible reflux, gas, became intolerant to most food, lost 25kilos in 6 months (due to anxiety as well) aches and pains in muscles and bones, headaches that felt like hot irons going into my head, then felt like cold patches on my head, dizzy most of the time (lol probs from lack of food as well) health anxiety that went through the roof leading to depression, tingles that travelled all over my body, twitches in my face and arms, hot flushes that I felt like I was going to combust and then feeling so cold, BP that would be rather high then about 1/2 later be normal, blood sugars that would go high then an hour or two be back to normal, the list goes on...6 months into this I was so scared and wouldnt go to the dr cause I thought I was dying, my hubby ended up dragging me to the dr and after extensive blood tests all that came back was a high FSH and high cholesterol, which the dr said was due to hormones as my cholesterol had always been fine and I wasnt eating anything to make it high.  I couldnt take HRT (family history) and every natural remedy I tried made the reflux and gas worse, so I had to go through day by day putting up with what was happening.  Things kind of got better and then about 10 month mark with no period the symptoms started to get pretty bad again, though the anxiety hit me the hardest.  The last month has been ok, still get aches and pains and random headaches, the anxiety is still hanging around but not as bad and doesnt last as long and I am able to eat most food again, still staying away from dairy. The hot flushes arent as bad I get hot but cool down pretty quick.  If anyone told me 2 years ago that this will get better I would not have believed them but it does get better as time goes on and slowly I am getting back to the old me.  I have heard that symptoms can be around for a number of years into post meno but each person is different, so I will have to wait and see how long they will hang around for.  I wish everyone good health and you will all get to the other side just hang in there and be kind to yourselves...hugs to all

Jo xx

• Posted

H I jo , thankyou for replying you are a star you are the first post meno person to reply, come on all you post meno ladies please cheer us up by telling us how you feel now and what we or most of us will  feel at the end of this. All the things you talk about has told us we are not alone and to look forward not back , anxiety is so bad i know i live it , i have a good friend at the moment kalms and rescue remedy thank god for things like this , take care of yourself and good luck i will get to the end one day then i will have  the best day out ever to celebrate

all the best 

karen x

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Lovely to hear your experience and so pleased for you that you have finally arrived to the otherside and still in ONE piece!

Sorry I havent been in touch lately but havent been on here much!

I have been using the Estrogen patches and Utrogstan (progesterone) which have helped settle my bad times also to smooth the rollacoaster of emotions!  My health anxiety has been loads better since Feb this year and really only had a slight blip in June and currently going through a slight blip now! Even though on the HRT It doesnt take away all the symptoms but just makes things a little more bearable.

My tummy certainly improves when my hormones are more in balance but because of being on the HRT i will still get my periods until I decide to come off.  Even with HRT your own hormones are still at play in the background so having to deal with those moments aswell.  I have been having spells of more frequent bleeds aswell which can be a bit of a bind, sometimes can be every two weeks or so or go longer spells.  Being on the two separates of Estrogen and progesterone I never know when my bleed will arrive so this can be a bit of a pain but because of them being BIO HRT felt these were the safest option to try.

I have experienced the dizzyiness the other month which was quite off putting and frightening and the funny taste in the mouth. Health Anxiety as you know for me has always be the worst to deal with. Went to see a a homopatic back in Feb who helped me and not sure if it was what she gave me or this new HRT but that was when I seemed to turn the corner! Would be lovely to hear how your post meno experience continues and for me would be lovely to know how much longer I have with these rollacoaster of emotions etc to deal with.  

I believe being on this type of HRT once both of your own hormones are at there lowest then I can still continue staying on it until a few years have passed because it should continue to be helpful!

Loads of hugs to you my lovely

Joy

• Posted

Hi Joy, awesome to hear from you hun...lol yes I am in one piece, just.

I apologise as well for not being in touch as I also pop on here briefly at times.

I am so glad that your anxiety has calmed down that must be a big relief.  Awesome news that your tummy has improved as well.  Seems like BIO HRT has been a big help to you and I am happy that someone was able to help you.  The roller coaster emotions have settled down, I can still get anxious but not as bad so hopefully it will go completely as I hope it will for you.

I will keep you updated on how things go...best of health to you and your family..loads of hugs back to you..

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jo,

How are you my lovely, I think of you often and wonder how things are going for you now you are in post memo?

How are you still feeling with your Post Meno journey

Have things continued to improve for you? 

I am now 4 years into this horrid journey and not sure where I am in due to the HRT. The last two months I started to feel nauseous once again and started to loose my appetite and have been eating smaller meals as I can't face my usual large ones! I have started to loose weight as well which in turn has set my health anxiety off once again! During your last year you say that your anxiety got bad once again, how long did it last for? 

I am just waiting to start with a new HRT for me which I will take both hormones (estrogen/progesterone) continuously which will not produce a monthly bleed therefore hopefully no fluctuations of hormones! I am just waiting for my bleed before I can start these! 

I will private message you with my email so we can stay in touch! Sending massive hugs to you and Jonnycupcake! Love Joy xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.