Pathogens and Iodine (Iodine Deficiency)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since retirement, I spend SO MUCH time online with health groups and thru thyroid and iodine groups, I have been supplementing with Iodine for a few years now...when I've dropped off my daily use for whatever reason, I would get breast pain and tenderness.My friend said "are you taking your iodine" and at that point I hadn't been.

Iodine is needed by all our body tissues breast included for sure. I do not get mammograms, had 2 in my early 50's and then started on my research on them.....I'm just giving my personal experiences here.

You can use Iodine on moles and warts and it is especially good internally. I have seen a few emails here in the past where people with Cancer used high doses. Kelp in my opinion is full of toxins from the ocean not to mention all the radiation seeping in there from the REACTOR in Japan for the past 2 years. Still leaking and now has reached the shores of California.

Iodine is available to us (thank goodness) and will protect us from Radiation, kill Cancer cells, kill Pathogens, bacteria, parasites, viruses.

Iodine is used for ADD, Fibroids no matter where they are, Hemorrhoids, Miagraines, Hypertension, infections, Liver diseases, Ovarian diseases, Prostate disorders, Cysts and much more.

There is a lot of information out there on Iodine and Iodine groups with lots of information.

There are books as well and we won't get this info from the conventional medicine world....Again do your own homework, I've been doing mine for years.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My family and I have thyroid dating back to the 1930s. Probably dating back earlier, but not properly diagnosed.

We were told, maybe 50 years ago, to use only iodized salt. That would take care of iodine issues.

• Posted

I've gone to pink sea salts in recent years and MANY are paranoid about salt intake due to hypertension....so I use Himyalian sea salts in moderation and trust my iodine protocol. This is from a major clinic here in the U.S. I don't think we can mention names, right, I'm getting paranoid about the rules here...

Also, even though I don't use breads, iodine has been removed from breadmaking and replaced with bromine.....Iodine also helps leach fluoride out of our bodies....and we get too much fluoride.

What's the difference between sea salt and table salt?

The most notable differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste, texture and processing.

Sea salt is produced through evaporation of ocean water or water from saltwater lakes, usually with little processing. Depending on the water source, this leaves behind certain trace minerals and elements. The minerals add flavor and color to sea salt, which also comes in a variety of coarseness levels.

Table salt is typically mined from underground salt deposits. Table salt is more heavily processed to eliminate minerals and usually contains an additive to prevent clumping. Most table salt also has added iodine, an essential nutrient that helps maintain a healthy thyroid.

Sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value, despite the fact that sea salt is often promoted as being healthier. Sea salt and table salt contain comparable amounts of sodium by weight.

Whichever type of salt you enjoy, do so in moderation. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting sodium to less than 2,300 milligrams a day — or 1,500 milligrams if you're age 51 or older, or if you are black, or if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or chronic kidney disease.

• Posted

thanks joy...this is vital stuff...been doing reaearch vis thyroid iodine and supplementation...will try to get back xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Posted

Thankyou Joy.  I am going to look into it too. 
  • Posted

I wish all it took was table salt. I use sea salt and iodine daily.
    • Posted

himalayan rock salt is my thing...that's the pink one.... have run out of iodine and no where sells it anymore in whole ok UK !!!!!!!! Freaky ! will look on-line for a supply. can you recommend a liquid iodine joy? to both ingest and to apply to my skin? going to get my levels tested but whilst waiting concerned i'm getting very low. hope all well with you and that your hip is staying loose with the recliner bike help that you use.  xx
    • Posted

As true a lot of times, excess is dangerous.

"Google" excess iodine and you will be surprised. Excess iodine causes subclinical hypothyroidism. The condition you are trying to "treat" causes disease of the organ.

Excess iodine also causes heart disease.

Playing doctor can be dangerous. As much as we would like to be smarter and more worldly, doctors go through many years of education and training. I'm not saying they are gods, but we should weigh their opinions along with our research.

Research meaning studing the issue from many different sources weighing all opinions, not choosing an argument me like and running with it.

Himalayan salts are still the chemical element sodium. Don't see how Himalayan sodium is safer or better for you than American, israeli, or African sodium. Sounding exotic does not mean different or better.

• Posted

I'm not talking high doses of iodine, unless a person is consuming LOTS of seafoods, good chance their tissues are deficient in iodine. As I've said I've been on iodine groups and have learned a lot.

I'm not into exotic but like the Himy sea salts.

Doctors know so little about nutriton and iodine etc....you know they are trained in drug hand outs. I'm convinced of that by now. That is why I am able to see an integrative MD who has gone the extra miles to deal holistically instead of just handing out drugs....she can prescribe a drug if NEEDED, but suplements are the first line of defense.

If you care too check out books out there on iodine...I guess I can't name MD's who write these books.

• Posted

I accept that you don't see how himalayan salts are safer or better for you.

You would need to look into it.

I apply iodine to my SKIN so my body can absorb only what it needs.

Check out the evolution of medecine a recent summit on the subject might illuminate you. I trained as a nurse and dated a med student during our trainings he was regularly invited to attend 'drug lunches'.... a technique relied upon still to build up a clientele of med staff who lack discrimination. The practice was indentified in China correctly as bribery and the UK drug reps were ejected from the country. This is how degraded the drug companies are.

I think you're spoiling for a fight mes....how can we help you?

yes you do need to avoid "choosing an argument me like and running with it". Personally I consider I am in control of my health and working to get it back into shape by appropriate methods which I select and understand...but you're free to be experimented upon if thats your preference.

• Posted

try offering  the refs....things may have loosened up....can't guarantee but try. You are so helpful and kind however in this instance I would n't make too much effort!!
    • Posted

marey, I have personal stories on the drug office lunches, gifts, trips, my daughter really got messed up on drugs while she was married and we were close to doing a medical lawsuit against the doc who kept giving her drugs, she ended up losing her hearing, sudden hearing loss...she had a cochlear implant done so she could hear her children....it was a nightmare...

medical lawsuits are the toughest, so we had to give up...attorney wasn't greatly optimistic ..

her mind was so muddled back then with too many meds....

• Posted

I understand how people grab onto a notion and grab it as a life truth.

Very skeptical about trendy "natural" cures. Actually, after reading the claims of supplimented benefits of salts and iodine, I did what should be done. I did some research. Did not have to dig very deep to find differing opinions.

I discovered a long time ago that increased use of supplements CAN be dangerous. There are quite a few known toxicities. Iron in one of them.

I guess if putting iodine on your moles makes you feel healthier, go for it. However, espousing increased use of iodine and salt should be thoroughly researched before recommended to others. Put into your body whatever you want, but be responsible about these cures as far as others are concerned.

• Posted

thats terrible joy. i am so sorry about your daughter. how is she now?.
    • Posted

Jen is good NOW, raising her 2 teenagers by herself, the kids dad passed last year, he didn't quit smoking soon enough...he was 55....very very sad but he went pretty fast considering, 6 months after the "C" dx. Take care....J
  • Posted

Marey, I also paint areas of my body with tincture of iodine and it absorbs pretty quickly which means my body needs it.I paint a couple moles and even add some tincture iodine to my topical cocontion I make up.....

Friends say if you paint a little area on your stomach...see how it stays there, so often it's absorbed pretty fast.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.