Patient

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,  suffering with Gall Stones only found out a month ago when admitted to Hospital, also at the same time had an infected Gallbladder...was diagnosed after having a ultrasound scan, they requested i had an Mri scan 4 weeks after which i have now had ! to be told that i have 2 large gallstones and also they have found a cyst!!! to which i am concerned??? got an appt to go back on 15th December for a follow up

But at the moment i am struggling to eat much get very full easily and feel bloated as though i have lots of wind

Is anyone else experiencing same symptoms ?? 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Janet,

I too was diagnosed after admission to hospital and an ultrasound. Still awaitng MRI.

I am trying to eat low fat but tend to eat steamed white fish and vegetables more than anything. Have lost half a stone! I get very full quickly but I put it down to the veggies!

Ann

• Posted

Hi Annoee 

Hopefully you will hear about the MRI soon!! it was about 4 weeks after i was diagnosed they done mine - at which time they found a cyst as well 

got an appointment to go back to clinic on the 15th Dec so hopefully find out whats happening then !! 

I tried to eat a lot of fish thats the only thing i can digest properly and a lot of Veg 

Janet 

• Posted

Hi Janet

Good luck on the 15th. I was first duagnosed avroad on holiday as I was taken into hospital with awful pain. Since coming hpme diagnosis confirmed. Saw a consultant last week and awaiting mri. Just want it sorting but they also found an enlarged kidney so wont do anything about gall bladder till that sorted.

• Posted

Hi Annoee 

Good luck on 11th dec.. hope all goes well keep in touch 

• Posted

If the gallstones are the cause of the trouble you need to have your gallbladder removed.

You may be free from symtoms for a bit but eventually the stone will rear it's ugly head again.

Try to stick to a low fat or evenno fat diet.

My advice would be to get yourself on the list for gallbladder removal as soon as possible. You may well have to wait several months for the operation, so at least get yourself on the list .

Take care, and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah 

I have a review back at clinic on the 15th Dec , hopefully find out what they are going to do now...have you had your Gallbladder removed then ? regards Janet 

• Posted

Yes I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Better than I was but still having to be careful what to eat

GP thinks either I have IBS or a small stone has got left in bile duct.

Having endoscopy on Friday.

But believe me, this is certainly better than the painI had with the gallstones.

Good luck on 15th.

Thinking of you

Sarah xx

• Posted

O dear sorry to hear that!! hopefully they will get to the bottom of it this time? i am hoping when i go on the 15th Dec they will tell me whats happenin 

Take care keep in touch 

Janet 

• Posted

Had Gastroscopy on Friday. It showed I have a Hiatus Hernia.

Apparently it is quite common.

They are not planning to do anything about it at the moment.

Atleast I know what it is, I knew there was something going on.

Good luck for 15th

Thinking of you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi janet and other ladies,

i also found out i have gallstones after being admitted to hospital in terrible pain had ultra sound mri whilst in hospital for 9 days doing testsetc i was jaundice and my liver function was very abnormal so was discharged as they couldent remove gall bladder whilst i was unwell, anyway two weeks later was in again( same thing) i am booked in for endoscopy next mon then seeing consultant 22nd dec to discuss findings they want to see if theres a stone in the bile duct before removing gall bladder . i am also struggling to eat much and bloat up after the smallest amount living on soup mainly very boring hope i dont have to wait to long for the op  cant make any plans to go anywhere in case i have another flair up bet you ladies are the same . keep in touch  linda

• Posted

Hi Linda 

I too am having trouble eating although some days are worse than others, but i have pain in my back! is that the sme as you ? i have appointment back at clinic after having my MRI over 4 weeks ago 

Hope you get sorted soon 

Take care Janet 

• Posted

Hi janet,

i had my mri done whilst i was in hospital just over a week ago said i had multiple small stones and polyps on the gallbladder nothing showed up on the scan of any stone in bile duct but said mri not very clear so i have got to have endoscopy on monday afternoon (not looking forward to that) not in any pain at the moment but i know only to well that can change at any moment , just want it sorting out but after reading other threads on the forum seems like even after having gallbladder removed lots of people still suffer with sickness etc , will let u know how things go after monday linda

• Posted

Hi Linda 

I have 2 big gallstones and a cyst they found while doing the MRI 

My Appt back at clinic to see what the next step is!! 

Hope all goes well today 

Keep in Touch 

Take care Jan 

• Posted

Hi janet.

had endoscopy yesterday it wasent as bad as i thought it would be . they said there wasent any stones in bile duct  buy multiple ones in gallbladder so need that removing which i already know about just wish they would get on with it .the nurse said half the population are waiting to have gallbladders removed .which dident inspire me much .its  no fun doing christmas shopping seeing all the lovely things to eat which i cant have  . has blood tests done friday but not heard from doctor yet .did they say your cyst was on your gallbladder? they said i had polyps but when i asked yesterday after endoscopy she said there was nothing on her notes about polyps so you dont know where you are . hope your appt goes ok , keep eating your bland food and looking forward to a nice meal when alls well. yummy . linda 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.