Patient face book.

Posted , 12 users are following.

saw this quote on Patient F/book page. that i thought on a lovely sunny sunday morning bought a. smile.. : Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.very true. Dave

3 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I agree.  I may not recognize the person I see in the mirror but my spirit thinks it can do anything, then my body says NO!! I love life even though it has changed.  Frankly, everyting changes for everyone.  I would rather have my challenges than the challenges of others who face much greater adversity than I.  The best to all of you.  Linda
  • Posted

I have often said, 'life is not a rehearsal, you get one chance, live it.

Today a friend sent me this:

“Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”

American self development writer Wayne Dyer (1940-2015)

• Posted

My take on life there is no pause or rewind button,hence while i can I try to make the most of my days doing what gives myself and others the most fun & pleasure.that said once on pred i did not suffer any real pain, just aches fog brain & fatigue and all though on Zero pred i  still do.  as with life we all have a differant  journey. weather permiting hope to catch sight of the "supermoon" Dave. 
    • Posted

If we all could I'm sure we would! Loved those days. Don't get me wrong I always think Why not me! When we have bad days it's little things we achieve that make us feel as though we are fighting back
    • Posted

That's true!  When I've been shopping, made lunch and also DONE THE DUSTING all on one day I feel very proud of myself.
    • Posted

Me too;then the next day when suffering I think"oh flip I have done it again when will I learn:
    • Posted

Not if you use a damp cloth!!  Can you really ignore the cloud on your furniture?  Respect!😀
    • Posted

Me neither Constance - I didn't live in Germany long enough obviously! 

Visitors coming at the weekend - cleaning lady in this afternoon! Husband has even moved all his stuff out of the spare room which doubles as his study!

• Posted

Dinner for 8 last night   Susan who is our best friend and cleaned up today.   I did dust on Monday morning before going out to a Support Group meeting and with a damp cloth.
    • Posted

Hope you didn't waste energy before I came round! I never look that closely...
    • Posted

PS - I bought a new Dyson while we were over. The cleaning lady is impressed! It must be a massive bin because I'm not embarrassed by how much it sucked up the first time it was used...
    • Posted

I so agree about the damp cloth for dusting, especially when I've turned a blind eye to the dust for longer than I should - a dry duster is absolutely useless then as the dust just flies around and, as lodger say, "settles somewhere else".  Wherever does all this dust come from?!
    • Posted

You honestly wouldn't like to know - especially the stuff in our bedrooms...

It's about the only good thing I can think about rain - stops it flying about so much!

• Posted

I did not bother, you are a mate.

Snap I have just bouight a new Dyson last Tuesday.

Eileen  I bet the Dyson bloke hopes yours goes wrong before the five year guarantte is up  - a trip to Italy  - Yippee.

• Posted

As Eileen says "we really don't want to know".😏. It's amazing, isn't it?

Now I know why a lot of people say "it's even unhealthy to breath these days"

Have a great day. C.💐

• Posted

Does the Dyson make a heck of a noise?  My sister bought one years ago and it was dreadfully loud.  We're thinking of buying one.

How is it the moderater allows trade names and names like CM 'The Spoons Theory'?

• Posted

Dyson is really good although the suction is so great you think it is trying to eat the carpets.My husband tends to use it though as it is a bit heavy and plays havoc with my shoulders.My mother in law has the cordless one which IS light but I could not get the hang of it.If they allow the name I have also tried Gtech ram which is dead light and I found less of a strain on the shoulders. Best if you can try before you buy to find the best for you as rather expensive mistake otherwise
    • Posted

I've had my Dyson for 5-6 years. It's not particularly noisy and still works a dream.
    • Posted

It is quite loud I suppose - but David seemed to survive even with his new hearing aids! But the suction is amazing which is part of the noise. You use ot for shorter times - you don't need to do bits twice! My cleaning lady couldn't believe it, said it was far better than her Miele.

Mine is a sausage-type as I have a single rug and the cleaning lady can't cope with the upright I bought a few years ago - the hose part is just a few feet which is useless. RRP was £400, Curry was asking £240. Almost pays for a trip tp the UK!

Honestly Constance - once you've had a Dyson you'll always want one. They used to say you'd be embarrassed at the amount of muck it would pick up the first time - I was the first time but I had all carpets then and that is something that strikes you: how much dust a carpet can hold Ewwwww! Natalies' first Dyson died and her husband refused to pay for another, insisted an Electrolux was bound to be as good. It didn't work well from the start and died in about 4 months but she'd lost the receipt so got a new Dyson. She gave the Electolux to me to trade in for a Dyson in a special offer - £100 for your old vacuum cleaner which was probably more than she'd paid for the thing.

There are a lot of names that are stored on the computer for nabbing automatically, once one has been approved though it is always let through. 

• Posted

Blimey - so you got yours for £140 (including discount)?  Not bad!

Don't think it will do for us though - it's David who does the vacuuming and he hates noise.  The Miele is quite quiet.  And I'm going to keep quiet too!😏  Don't want to rock the boat.

• Posted

Good for you Hun, nice to know we are not alone with this although it feels like it. Keep going you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.