Patient's new look: Feedback

Posted , 17 users are following.

As many of you will have noticed, we've changed the look and feel of Patient, to what we hope will be a fresh new bright and vibrant look. 

We greatly value our user's feedback and would like to hear your thoughts on the new design. 

1 like, 162 replies

162 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank yo for the opportunity to provide pfeedback. Further to other comments made on the PMR thread, I think what I miss most about the appearance is the restful green.  I know the idea is probably to get things undated and clean and spiffy, but sometimes we need something more gentle and less clinical. i think it needs to be acknowledged that the people posting here are of course mostly sick people, some of us with disabilities, some of us just getting older, and we need our comforts!
    • Posted

And there's an example of the need for an edit, or recall button - I saw my "yo" which should have been "you" in the split second after I pressed the reply button!

• Posted

The most important part of the post is the post itself.  The other thing is the names of the participants.  To make both Report and Reply boxes alarmingly more dominant is counterproductive.  As soon as I have my own computer again I will be dimming the screen brightness as I always do, but for now I completely agree with those who are finding the appearance far too garish and tiring.

And I am voting for green.  If you want to freshen things up, why not a different green?  A gentle spring green to replace the autumn green you used to have?

• Posted

One of the most important factors with changing colours is that many people suffer from bad eye-sight either from having to wear glasses or to take medications that cause 'blurred' vision.

It is also a proven fact that starring at a LED flat screen all day will damage your eye-sight. This is due to staring at the 'cold-blue' light given off by all white areas of a screen. I change mine to 'warm-orange', and leave it like that.

The trouble is many websites tend not to this in to account, and it is businesses that will be 'footing' bills for employees eyes.

Unless you using Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Edition or Apple iOS 9, you can not change colour warmth on screens. There is a third-party program you can use if you are using older computer systems, but you will need to Google it.

Enter the following in to the Search Bar:

flux software to make your life better

The first result should be flux to decrease 'cold-blue-light' that damages your eyes.

And, now we have more white parts on this website which to me is ironic. A website used by many patients that can cause eye damage. I find this totally wrong.

The Developers should be notified of this matter.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks SteV3 - nice to have the expert input! Says it so much better than I did!
    • Posted

Thanks Eileen! I just re-read what I put and thought my grammar is terrible!

We can dream of an  [ EDIT ] Button I guess. rolleyes

I cannot understand why it is not available, even a 'timed' EDIT button would be better than what we have now. It's not difficult to code one in, it is not 'rocket' science in terms of coding.

I am a 'tech-savvy' person and test products for a company before they reach the public.

• Posted

Hi Steve, I had f.lux on my laptop, and your mention of it makes me think the lack of it on the desktop I'm currently using might explain first of all why I find this site so off putting in its new style, and also why I've had problems staying on HealthUnlocked long enough to even attempt to keep up, because it too is a forum site with a lot of white space, but it didn't bother me on the laptop.  I also dim the screen brightness anyway, used to do that at work on the staff computers I used and no one complained.

• Posted

Perhaps Patient could offer you a consultancy spot...

This isn't a new problem - there have been a few revamps. I nearly left after one made the site unusable for months and this one is REALLY unpleasant enough to make me not want to spend anyhting like the time I normally do here - even my eyes were crossed this afternoon by the time I had cleared the backlog. I have spent almost the entire day on it and I do have a life...

• Posted

But this is far worse than HU I find. I'm sure it is the virulent blue and red boxes that are so intrusive...

• Posted

I agree about the bright boxes, they seem really unneccesary.   Wish I could understand the rationale but I really can't.  If the idea is to provide a safe place for sick people to communicate wouldn't you think the comfort of the users would be foremost?  Mind you, most users of this forum are probably only dropping in for one post or two, getting their answers and are off again.  PMR is different, and I find the other bone health and arthritis forums I follow are also fairly active, although not to the same extent. 

And the people who worked on this are probably so pleased with their bright clean new look.  My first sight of it made me think there was something wrong with either the site or my computer.  It didn't help that I got some weird box popping up at that time offering to "repair images" which I didn't respond to.  My second thought was that it's a lot like other health related sites where you may go in for a few minutes to read a particular article.  This new look is neither unique or pleasant.  The old Patient was really distinctive.

• Posted

Hi Anhaga,

When you mentioned a popup box with "Repair Images" or words to that aspect, it means you have malware on your system. Which you could have picked up anywhere on the web.

I assume you are running some Anti-malware software?

Regards,

• Posted

Yes.  It's my husband's computer and he has good virus protection, so I didn't do anything other than x the window.  It was just such a strange coincidence as it popped up within a couple of minutes of my opening Patient and I have never seen anything like that before. 

• Posted

I worke on PC screens whole day long... The application I use forfinancial analysis lets you control background colors. Mine is black, that is the only way I can tolerate it for extended time.
    • Posted

Thank you for saying what I have been trying to say, clearly.

• Posted

Please allow the words to wrap

So I can see what I am typing as

It is now I have to hit CR at the end

So I can continue. I use only a cellphone

Most of the time, a tablet on occasion

Thanks 🙂 I also vote for the old green

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.