Patient's new look: Feedback

Posted , 17 users are following.

As many of you will have noticed, we've changed the look and feel of Patient, to what we hope will be a fresh new bright and vibrant look. 

We greatly value our user's feedback and would like to hear your thoughts on the new design. 

1 like, 162 replies

162 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The 'New Look' was a shock to us all - quite unexpected and like others, I thought my computer was the problem.  However, the new look is clear and easy to read which is good and I am sure we will get used to it given time once the problem you have identified with regard to the indentation which appears in responses from some cellphones etc. has been ironed out. 

• Posted

There is sensible change and change for the sake of.........................

If they (who ever they are)  had bothered to check with the RNIB they would have been given advice on colours and size which works for both sighted and partially sighted people, those with glasses, lenses et al.  They are so willing to help.   We contacted them for our website and they also advised us to put a box where you could enable large print...................it is not rocket science and in particular this thread deals with patients who have GCA.................which means some have been left with partial sight.

I do not want a screaming red 'report this'.

I do not want a screaming Reply to ' Patient' either.

I would like a 'EileenH' top left hand corner just like the Reply to Patient - but not in heavy blue about 3 shades lighter.

I do want a bigger name.

Green is a softer colour and has a calming effect.

Who is the red, white and blue person that has been let loose on this site.

Talk to opthamologists and the RNIB please...

This site has become so slow...............and no it is not my computer.   Brand new PC  Zoostorm, newly installed fast broadband, Openreach finally got its act together.  Firefox etc..........

Would anyone care to look at this site approx 10 years ago..............and just ponder...................Patients.co.uk originally.

We have been asking for repeatedly is an EDIT button...............so simple a request..................will someone tell me why this is not available...........a very very good reason...........not a sop.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback lodgerUK - we will be reviewing the colours to some extent to make them more palatable . We won't be returning to green though - sorry.

To respond to your point about an edit facility specifically - we have looked into adding an edit function into the site, but have realised that it's quite a complex task to do properly. The alerts that get sent to users would have to be changed, and there's also the question of what happens if a post is edited after being approved by moderation. I want to assure you that we are looking into it, and it is on our radar, but will take a while to deliver properly.

• Posted

What's the matter with green? I have always found it easy on the eye, it's scientifically proven to be so  - and when you spend a lot of time on the computer that is important. But it just occurred to me - make the FLAG red, you don't need an enormous red box saying Report, it can be in plain type..

I read quite a few blogs - and several of them change a background and typeface colour at times - and then ASK about problems for the visually impaired. 

• Posted

Here is my wish list:

- How about adding spell checker that would underline misspelled word? That would eliminate maybe 90% need for edit button.

- I agree with the rest of the comments that RED is just too much.  How many reports do you get from this site? It must be negligent and yet that is the most prominent button on the screen.  I suggest to make it smaller and light gray, so it is hardly noticeable on the screen. 

- As far as the list of notification, it used to be that the background was different until message was read. It would be nice to go back to that, rather then bold. It is again easier on the eye.

- text formatting is inconsistent. It seems to me ( just a guess) that comments that is generated from phone/tablet devices have only few words per line, while text written on PC will have proper formatting.

- Notification window gets closed every time I click to read message. This change happened during previous update ( not the latest one). Never the less it is requiring user to do more clicks then before, so from the usability point it is a step back.

-Please pick larger font , that would be easier on eyes. Like someone already pointed out, most of us are in late 60's or older.  Medication we take impair our vision even more ( PMR &GCA forums). Any help would be appreciated.

• Posted

Thanks Nick for articulating that notification window bit - I knew there was something different back a bit and it has driven me up the wall!
    • Posted

I complained about that notification window closing when I first noticed it a while ago, but others said it had always been like that.  I still think once it is opened it should stay open until you choose to open a different window.
    • Posted

yes, it is pretty anoying.  What I do now is open one window for just notifications and then pick messages from it, "mark as read" , right click on the message and open the  message in new window to read . 

• Posted

That's very restrained! Can I get my brain together to do the same as you? But why should we have to do gymnastics to do something that is a basic part of using a forum and which used to be easy?

• Posted

agree... just a suggestion how to work around the limitation. Does not mean I like  the way it is sad
    • Posted

Nick, I was doing that before, but now I'm having trouble dealing with the bright screen so it's quicker just to do things the way the techies set it up, but leave when my eyes get tired.  I'm days behind again.  Is it my imagination or has this forum got even busier the last few weeks?

• Posted

Not imagination - and this lot has, of course, not helped. The one or two people who say they like it obviously don't spend as long on here as we do!

• Posted

They could have look at Health Unlocked that has a useful edit facility.

• Posted

Well not that good, unless you have the exact title of the thread. Unless it's been recently improved.

• Posted

Edit on HU is OK - but patient seemed to think edit is a major obstruction.

HU's search function wasn't too bad until recently when old threads were deemed to be less important - even with the exact title they are next to impossible to find now. So I've started using google for them too! But we are merely the users...

• Posted

That is true EileenH, but without users there is no forum!🙃

• Posted

I can only find my osteoporosis journey by exact title, or google. And that's been the case since it was a new post. If you have alternative in the title, but it isn't the first word, you're unlikely to have it come up in a search for alternative therapies unless you know the exact title.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.