Paxil first time taking

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi,

Can I get some good advice on taking paxil, I'm so afraid of taking it for my panic attacks, I'm nervous and losing my appetite. Can I get someone that going though what I'm feeling scared.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am wondering how taking the Paxil went. I am switching meds because prozac seems to have pooped out. I have sever anxiety and panic attacks. Just hoping you have started to feel better. 
  • Posted

I too have just started 10 mg  of paxil up from 5 mg.  I am having shaking and panic is this normal for the first week?
    • Posted

I started my first day at 5 mg and I had diarrhea An hour after. Now I’m worried. Did you have any side effects the first week?
    • Posted

Hi Rob ,I didn’t have any side effects at all in fact I started feeling better almost straight away. I had been on Luvox 50mg for 8 months prior to aropax and felt really really depressed on that. However it did help with anxiety. Aropax has helped with both the only negative is the weight gain
    • Posted

Hi there this is been my seventh day and the only thing I’ve noticed is that my sleep gets interrupted around 5 AM.
    • Posted

the morning after my first dose was crazy with more anxiety that I was being treated for. but made it passed that with my klonopin emergency pill, and took my paxil again, so we will see how tomorrow goes. I called the doctor and he said it may take two weeks for it to work in my system.
    • Posted

Oh, and that first morning was today...
  • Posted

This is normal according to my md, Actually is listed as a side effect. I just started Paxil yesterday, and woke up today feeling something was just not right, but couldn't tell you what it was. Got to work, anxiety bombarded me from everywhere, was really messed up. Took half a Klonopin to deal with that and called my doctor and he said it may take two weeks for the to work out.. I took this as my first ever anxiety med to many years ago to count, and now need some help with it again, and was not expecting any type of feeling and bam, there it was.  If you don't have some type of "emergency pill" I would see about getting one from your doctor, it saves my bacon when I need. I hope this helps, I am continuing my paxil and am going to see how it goes.

• Posted

Im on my 14th day and upped my dose 4 days ago to 10mg . I think its working since i need less klonopin now. The only thing is when I try to take a nap i wake up with an andrenline rush right when im crossing over into sleep. Doesnt happen at night though.
    • Posted

Hey Rob, I am getting the exact same symptom with the adrenaline rush when trying to nap that only happens during the day. I'm also on 10 mg and worried about going up to 20 because the insomnia is pretty bad already. From past experience though I've seen these symptoms go away for me after 6 weeks and everything got much better. This adjustment period is really rough though and I'm just trying to get through it. Hope your doing better now too.

• Posted

Hi there Bo.  I still can’t take naps during the day on weekends. I wake up with like a choking adrenaline rush for a split second. My anxiety I think it’s gotten a little better with my moods but I had a panic attack due to hyper ventilation so the doctor said it’s time to move up to 15 mg which I started two days ago. I feel like I’m breathless most the day .  I am substituting Clonopin with it to feel better on weekends as needed .  You also mentioned that 20 mg is the therapeutic a fact so I guess I will just have to wait and see and then bump up again. 
    • Posted

Yeah the no nap thing is bad especially if your regular sleep is also bad. How's your nightly sleep? Mines not so great and that makes it all worse. Hopefully the paxil will kick in soon and we'll both feel/sleep a bit better. I think I need to up my dose to 15 mg soon also.

• Posted

My night sleep is very very light and about 7 hours but not for long I bet. Im 6 days at 15mg now after a month of ramping up. So I assume it will get worse before better.
    • Posted

Hey Rob, 

How are things now? I still have the same nap issues and my nightly sleep is still poor too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.