Pe recovery tome

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 25, I was recently diagnosed with PE, due to some contraceptive pills and long car ride, I was very scared when I was told this. How long will this recovery process take, I know it can be different depending on the person

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello tnishA

That means ur Not allow to use anymore the pills w/estrogen

What are u using Now as contraceptive Thanks dir answere

I'm 23 year Old and i am in apixaban Too w/ bisoprolol taking off this September 30 u will get trough this

Lg: jhona

• Posted

I'm not on anything right now, except condoms, I have an appointment scheduled to find something new, but I'm not sure I want to try any.

• Posted

And I was using the condoms with the pills for double protection.  Lol, I'm really not tryna to have a child right now. But I reckon the condoms will do for now

• Posted

I had hundreds of emboli, mine took about 6 months and I am on warfarin for life.  
    • Posted

Oh my! 😢 Did they keep coming back. Well I feel much better my chest isn't hurting I went walking today by myself in Walmart and I didn't get short of breath, I'll be starting back work on the 20th. I just pray the blood clots do not form again 

• Posted

It got better and better by the day. I have follow up appointments to make sure everything is fine. 
    • Posted

Apparently it's very unlikely to form new clots while on blood thinners, when you are in the correct INR range (with Warfarin).

Good luck. I'm sitting at work just now, but I only go to work for short periods of time.

• Posted

I was misdiagnosed for 5 months they kept saying it was anxiety.  While some of the symptoms are the same, I couldn't walk up 5 steps or walk 10 feet without being very short of breath.  I would have these feelings of impending doom and no one believed me.  Three ambulance rides and 5 months later I suggested emboli and then one doctor listened, had the CT scan and they found both lungs full of clots and some heart failure.  Am on warfarin for life now and have scarring in the right lung base.  Am not impressed with our hospital.  I get my INR done weekly, and mostly monitor it myself.  I am an RN.  My target is 2.5 but try to keep it just a tad above.  Had bad diarrhea earlier this year and my INR went to 1.3, then had to supplement with injectable heparin.  But that's only been once since October 2013.  My family doc lets me do my own thing.

• Posted

Now you can form clots when on blood thinners, however it is not that common.
    • Posted

Oh my, all that time and they didn't think to check for clots. It's even worse when no one believes you. I'm sorry you went you through that. They caught mine right in time, I thank God I went to the ER when I did. I never want to experience that kind of pain again. I'm not sure how long I will be on Eliquis but I will find out for sure on the 25th. My goal now is to lose some weight. and cut back on some of my bad eating habits.

• Posted

It's awful what you went through. Undiagnosed for so long and it might have finished so much worse!! Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.