Peeing alot, Is this first SYMPTOM ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! i havent been on here in a while, i actually being doing alot better with all my health scares . but lately i been worried about diabetes really really bad! i went to the doctor last week to check for diabetes and my doctor said everything looks fine. my A1C was 5.5 standard range is 4.8-5.6 and pre - diabetes is 5.7-6.4 and he said my test was normal. it left me kind of wondering how mine is normal when is so close to being pre diabetes??  after my test i decided to eat a king size reese cup and i been eating some snack on and off and my coffee. and since like last thursday i started to pee alot throughout the day! Its just on and off and alot of it when i do use the bathroom. im drinking water but im not drinking that much to be using the bathroom that much. i just fill kind of full down there all the time lately and something just dont feel right. do you guys think diabetes hit me that fast after my test results ? thank you so much for helping out.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

forgot to mention im 5'11 215 pounds age 31

• Posted

One of the first symptoms....dry mouth, feeling thirsty, blurred vision, dizziness etc. You must look at your diet, cut the carbs right down, loose weight if you are overweight, gluten free diet, low carb, count the carbohydrates in everything you eat. Coffee with no sugar, milk or cream....black. Also some sweeteners can spike your glucose levels.
    • Posted

Thanku so much! Blurred vision is that the same thing as eye jumping (twitching)? I was 5.5 he said it was normal pre diabetes was 5.7 .. do you think I could have brung this on that fast? I was just checked April 26
    • Posted

Haven’t really been thirsty either just peeing like crazy ... anything else to look for? Maybe it’s just a bladder infection . I have some testicle discomfort too .. 
    • Posted

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my left shoulder starts to ache after I eat certain foods! Maybe giving me heart attack warnings and it goes down to elbows and fingers sometimes too 
    • Posted

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my left shoulder starts to ache after I eat certain foods! Maybe giving me heart attack warnings and it goes down to elbows and fingers sometimes too 
  • Posted

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my left shoulder starts to ache after I eat certain foods! Maybe giving me heart attack warnings and it goes down to elbows and fingers sometimes too.. is this a sign of heart attack or stroke that’s close by? Or something else?
  • Posted

Go and see the doctor....blood tests will reveal the answer. Try to keep your sugar levels low, exercise, eat lots of vegetables, avoid sweets, low fat, low carb....even if you do not have diabetes, keep your body healthy....all preventive.

When I was diagnosed with diabetes my A1C was 5.2....now after three months has come down to 4.2 and  I control it with diet and exercise only. Have further tests............

• Posted

So yours was 5.2 and mine was 5.5 how do you have it and my doctor said my test was normal?? I put my results on here. Mine was 5.5 for A1C but he told me it was normal and all my other blood test was normal. So I had the blood test already! And I’m happy your controlling it 😊

• Posted

The sooner diabetes is found the better.....must see a different doctor, it is important the blood tests are interpreted correctly and you are given information about treatment, diet, exercise.
    • Posted

This is the second doctor I seen about this .. are you trying to say I have diabetes for sure?? I’m confused , did you not read my test results and what doctor said 
    • Posted

I am not a doctor John...I can only tell you about my experience. I want you to be well, to have peace of mind and see another doctor. I can not give you medical advice, I can only share my limited experience of diabetes up to now....through diet and exercise I succeeded to lower my sugar levels.

So... what you do, it is entirely up to you.

• Posted

Hi John, diabetes ranges were recently lowered (in the US) so many people are showing prediabetic who were not before. Docs use the ranges to know when to intervene with medications. Docs don't generally offer preventative treatment. They basically let disease advance until its has enough to prescribe meds.

If you are on any medications,  you may want to check the side effects to see if they are known to cause diabetes.

On one hand, you know your body, so if you’re feeling out of sorts ita important to pay attention and start by improving your diet towards preventing diabetes. Really, as people get older, most everyone is at risk for diabetes, so you may as well start preventing now by eating healthy (try a Paleo style diet) and exercising.

On the other hand, there isn't any point freaking out. Just take whatever preventative actions you can before disease advances.

• Posted

As you mentioned in your thread that you peeing more than usual and it seems you the first signs of diabetes. Some of the common symptoms of diabetes are followings:

Peeing more than usual

Increased thirst

Dry mouth

Itchy skin

Blurred vision

Hunger and fatigue

Vomiting

Nausea

Weight loss

if these above mentioned symptoms you are facing then immediately consult to your doctor for proper treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.