Peeing without even realising?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi just wondered whether anyone has ever 'gone' and not even known about it? I went to the loo the other day and found that my shorts and knickers were absolutely saturated and I had no idea I had been! I am 46, it scared me but wasn't an isolated incident. There have been times its hapopened in the past but I have realised that it was happening then, only a fee times over the last year I would say, but this was very different!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi and yes it happens to me. I have uncontrolled diabetes and I drank anti-freeze to try and end my life(which failed)but caused damaged my kidneys and bladder. I have to wear adult nappies which is really embarrassing but not as bad as peeing myself. I very rarely leave the house now which has now caused me to have vitamin D deficancy. Don't worry about your age I am 41 year old male so it can affect any one so chin up ;-)
    • Posted

Hi richtanman

Like I said to shazzywazzywoo, I am also a diabetic with bladder problems. But all that I can say to you is that it is not worth taking your life for. At least you have had something done, not only that you would only be cheating yourself and those who care.

You see I have not just got diabetes to deal with, I am in remission for bladder cancer and that played a big part and now I am about to go under investigation over an enlarged prostate and I have not left the house for a few years incase of an accident.

• Posted

I have been there wanting to take all my painkillers cos of the constant pain that keeps me bedbound a lot from fibromyalgia. I think about how everybody would feel though if I went through with it and with the help of citalopram I have managed to stop myself. I try to stay positive about the future as much as I can, but I know how difficult it is. I take vitamin d pills too, and get mouth ulcers. I always think if it does get to the point i cant take anymore I will go on a month long all inclusive to barbados first on a credit card!
  • Posted

Hi shazzywazzywoo

I have been caught a couple of times now. Like richtanman I also have diabetes, I am also in remission from bladder cancer and now having to deal with an enlarged prostate.

At the moment I have been prescribed Vesicare medication to the urge and need down.

• Posted

I am sorry about your illnesses, must be very hard to deal with indeed! I do not have those kinds if problems, fortunately, and have fibromyalgia, so I don't know why this is happening. I have had a cancer marker in the past but not so that docs were too concerned and I have had damage to my spine and pelvis so wonder whether it could be neurological. I also have a lot of numbness. Its the fact I dont even realise I have done anything that concerns me most
    • Posted

To what I have said in the private message, the first time I tried to kill myself I was 12.

I have had a total of 15 operations with more to come and have new problems popping up every so often.

I am currently dealing with this prostate, surgery to come on the right ankle and now my hearing is starting to give up. Along with arthritic neck/upper back and cmt (Charcot Marie Tooth Disease) you can look that up later.

So please don't think about killing yourself and take a moment to consider what others have to deal with fire.

I have contemplated suicide many times in the past and fought through it.

• Posted

Mark357,

It sounds so difficult to have to go through all that you have. It's one thing to think about killing yourself, and another to try to go through with it. I'm happy that you're attempt when you were 12 failed. Unfortunately, it caused a lot of physical problems for you. 

I too, have thought of suicide. I've overdosed on medication I had for for psychiatric problems. I was then put in a psychiatric hospital 6 times in 1 summer. 

On a different note, I'm having trouble not noticing that I have to urinate. I haved the urgency issue for a long time and was barely making it to the toilet. Sometimes, if leak a little, or a lot, before I got there. I've been on oxybutinin for this issue. I'm not one to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, probably cause of that med. last night I drank water before going to bed. Didn't have to pee, so just went to bed. I woke up this morning with my underware soaking wet! I didn't even know I had to go! Anybody else out there have this issue?

• Posted

The only reason why I failed my suicide attempt is because someone came in at the last moment and saw me drinking whiskey with a handful of tablets not knowing what they were, (didn't like the pipe into the stomach).

I may be wrong, sure that someone will correct me. But if you are not noticing the urge for the bathroom, then isn't there a small surgical procedures, just to tighten up the bladder muscle, as it has gone weak overtime. But I suggest that the as your GP for a referral to a urologist for further investigation.

Is there anyone out there that can assist as I am not 100% sure and that I am going on my experience in relation to bladder cancer and the other patient stories as they were told to me.

• Posted

Shazzywazzywoo and mark357 I do understand that suicide is bad and all but when diabetic docs say they going to send you to pain management and two months go by and nothing happens well I end up taking way more than doctors prescribe for pain. I have been sectioned twice for trying to kill myself because of the pain like I said once for drinking anti-freeze and once for trying too cut my foot off with a hacksaw that was six years back and still have the thoughts but I feel I am weak because I can't go through with it. 
    • Posted

Don't you have any family...? If so why punish those that are around you and love you, not only that taking your own life is the cowards way out.

Yes, I have thought of suicide many times I live on my own with no family, yes I have family out there but have not seen them since the early 90's. I don't even know who is/is not alive and to be honest with you I don't care.

I am 3 years older than you and I have had a terrible life, going through countless operations and more to go, how many...who knows and with the threat of cancer for the third time and slowly losing my hearing.

Don't think that I have never contemplated suicide as my first attempt was when I was 12 y.o and the last time was when my son died.

I live on a total of 21 tables a day and 11 of those are codine based pain relief, so yes I have contemplated suicide and I have the means.

so always think to what you have and if I knew then what I know now, then yes I would rather be in the same place as my twin brother (Yardley Cemetery).

• Posted

You need to try to think of ways you can enjoy life. It may not sound a lot but it can help. When I can get out I visit nt gardens which I love so much, I love nature. When I am bedbound I play chess online if I can hold my ipad long enough. Otherwise I try to find something funny or interesting on the tv and sometimes just daydream about winning the euromillions and being able to help loads of animals and set up wonderful centres for people with learning disabilites and physical and mental health problems. I do a lot of daydreaming!
  • Posted

Yes, this has also happened to me. Personally I think it can happen if the leakage happens slowly / is light and happens whilst I'm sitting / lying down. I won't feel it as I'm peeing but then after a time feel the dampness in my pad. I think I often leak in this way when I'm trying to hang on to a full bladder or bowels (as well as leaking more heavily if I have to wait too long, which I do feel as it's happening) but it can happen at other times too. When my incontinence first started this also happened several times as you describe - I can remember at college many incidents, standing up at the end of a class one day and another time in a gym session, suddenly finding I had very damp pants even though I hadn't realised I'd wet. So no it isn't just you!
  • Posted

It used to happen tome quite often before I started wearing tena pads during the day.
  • Posted

Hi all I am new on here I am 39 and keep wetting myself due to stress incontience had 2 op but made it worse. I wet myself at work the other day how embarrassing it was pls help
    • Posted

Hi Tina. Im sorry you are dealing with this and that your ops did not help. I’m in my early 30s and have urge and stress incontinence because of various health conditions. Started in my teens. I know how hard it can be to manage at work and the upset of accidents. May I ask have you found a protection that works for you? That was a big help for me because in my case medications only helped a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.